Show Navigation Menu

Mobile Phones

More
14 years 6 months ago - 13 years 4 months ago #7284 by anastasia13
Mobile Phones was created by anastasia13
I hate them so much, but can't live without mine....anyone have any horror stories of cell phones?

Mine was when I threw mine at a lady in a theater, only because I forgot to turn mine off and went to grab it with popcorn butter covered fingers and managed to have the phone fly out of my hands....needless to say I do not go to that theater any more.

Anastasia

Those who stand in white blessed light might not always be good, those who stand in the inky shadows of darkness might not always be evil.
Last edit: 13 years 4 months ago by black_magnolia.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 years 6 months ago #7293 by SkieShauphen
Replied by SkieShauphen on topic Re:Cell Phones
I hate them too. It really irks me when people start texting or answer a call while I'm talking to them. It's been proven through study that the American public actually has a NEED to answer a ringing phone. It's become so customary that nearly everyone tries to answer a phone or tries to get someone else to answer any ringing phone anywhere.
A study from Cambridge university got the number for a subway payphone and called it repeatedly at intervals of 15 minutes and after 20 calls, someone answered the phone on all 20 calls! Another from..I don't remember where...set 5 people in separate rooms that were basically just hotel rooms. TV, food, drink, bathroom, window view, books, magazines, and games. They had to stay in there for a week and were not told what the study was about except one thing. A lie was told to them that the phones belonged to another company and they would ring every so often but they didn't have to answer them. Scientists called each of their phones at the same time twice a day and didn't state anything over the phone. They just left it off of the hook. Out of the 70 calls they made to the tenants, 64 times the phones were answered, even after the people knew it wasn't important to answer the phone.
People these days...sheesh.

Sorry, don't really have a scary story so I thought I'd share some social science with you.

Meaning comes from within.

More
14 years 6 months ago #7298 by cemwerewolf
Replied by cemwerewolf on topic Re:Cell Phones
I have so far refused to step into the 21st century. Nope, I don't have a cell phone and don't plan on getting one. I just don't see the point especially with all the non-phone components they all come with now. I don't get along well with technology. If I got one it would probably sprout legs and run away from me out of frustration . . .

More
14 years 6 months ago #7310 by scootiebee
Replied by scootiebee on topic Re:Cell Phones
I like my cell phone. When I am stuck at the bus stop waiting for my daughter to come home from school, I can check my email, take care of business with people on the phone, or listen to music. I am not obsessed with it, and I will let it ring unless I know it is an urgent call. And I NEVER answer it if I am already talking with someone else. I can, and often do, resist a ringing phone. Plus, my daughter has one, and she will send me text messages letting me know what she is doing, and when she will be home. It is convenient for that, and makes me feel safer about letting her out of my sight. Trust me, as a parent, anything that makes helping her grow more independent without giving me a heart attack is a good thing.

Nothing to see here, move along folks.

More
14 years 6 months ago #7314 by Nox Aeterna
Replied by Nox Aeterna on topic Re:Cell Phones
I hate cell phones, I have had many problems with them, but the reality is that cell phones are now part of everyday life :S

More
14 years 6 months ago #7318 by Zenith
Replied by Zenith on topic Re:Cell Phones
cemwerewolf wrote:

I have so far refused to step into the 21st century. Nope, I don't have a cell phone and don't plan on getting one. I just don't see the point especially with all the non-phone components they all come with now. I don't get along well with technology. If I got one it would probably sprout legs and run away from me out of frustration . . .

Wow, I admire you! Honestly, I wish I could toss mine aside. I always have it with me, because I can solve problems with its aid. But I've had a cell phone for only 3 years and I regret the time I did not own one. It was so lovely when nobody could disturb you in awkward moments :lol:

the thread of life lies severed on the brink of paradise.. .

Time to create page: 0.350 seconds