Show Navigation Menu

Burn the house down

More
14 years 6 months ago #7087 by SkieShauphen
Replied by SkieShauphen on topic Re:Burn the house down
Lolz, yea I'm fine. Lucky, being a pyromaniac doesn't just mean I know how to start fires. I also know how to stop them. If I would have just pulled down the curtains at first instead of trying to get some water there would have been a lot less damage. I'm just lucky I walked into my room just in time. Hell, the fire alarm didn't even go off. I like the smell of smoke though so it's ok. I had a fan in the window and as far as I can tell there is no soot or anything. Other than the melted carpet and black stains on the wall and window blinds you can't even tell there was a fire in here.
I had an incident with a cooking fire once. At work we had a grease fire break out and everyone thought it was my fault because I was the only one nearby but the fire inspector said that it was going to happen regardless so I got lucky.

Meaning comes from within.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 years 6 months ago #7091 by Zenith
Replied by Zenith on topic Re:Burn the house down
Be more careful with your cookies, Black_magnolia. Mmmmmm, cookies :kiss:

the thread of life lies severed on the brink of paradise.. .

More
14 years 6 months ago #7102 by Morgana
Replied by Morgana on topic Re:Burn the house down
I've never had a fire caused by candles (knock wood!). I do find some of my candle holders are messier than others though. Some of them contain the dripped wax nicely, but others leak it all over the carpet. I had an incense cone crack a glass ashtray once, because I set it right in the ashtray, instead of a metal incencse holder. But that's it, so far...

More
14 years 6 months ago #7108 by CorpseQueen
Replied by CorpseQueen on topic Re:Burn the house down
Nothing serious here, no; we never leave a candle burning if we're not in he same room, and we pretty much only have candles at special occations anyway...

But I'm had much more then a few accidents with the stove... I sometimes like to cook, not as much now as before tho, but I always got burned. Every, or when I'm lucky every second, times I try to put something in the oven or take it out, I get burned. Small burnes, yes, and now I'm an EXPERT at curing them (never get a blister) but I will NOT use the oven.
Well, if there's no one home, then sure, I could try, but I'm way too paranoid, and carefull around the oven - and still I get burned at times. And when it's not the oven, it's the baking tin or the flat-iron (the two most resent) or something else that gets hot...

I do not like ovens. Or flat-irons, or something hot that is metal, but ovens are the worst. When one is open I'm most happy to be 10 feet away while someone else does the job...

My beauty is not the shape of the body,
but the voices in you mind;
the thoughts you can't live without

More
14 years 6 months ago #7127 by StephenG
Replied by StephenG on topic Re: Burn the house down
Had an ex that used to try to make her own candles at home... didn't go well...

More
14 years 6 months ago #7128 by cemwerewolf
Replied by cemwerewolf on topic Re: Burn the house down
Well, it's nice to see that I'm not the only klutz around the kitchen. :)

Glad to hear that the situation was survivable and that you know how to put fires out as well as start them. A very good talent for a pyromaniac to have indeed!

Time to create page: 0.271 seconds