Show Navigation Menu

Burn the house down

More
14 years 6 months ago #7047 by SkieShauphen
So...in spite of recent events. I've decided to make this thread for you guys. Just a few moments ago a candle in my room toppled over and decided it wanted to play catch with my curtains. After walking back in from outside I noticed a smoky smell emitting from my room. Upon further inspection my hunch turned out to be correct. To my dismay the curtains were indeed on fire and my nightly ritual ruined in a blaze of ashes. My question to you all is, have you ever had a fire incident?

Meaning comes from within.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 years 6 months ago #7050 by anastasia13
Replied by anastasia13 on topic Re:Burn the house down
Is it bad damage? Are you okay? Anyone hurt? I had some incense crack a bowl and burn into a dresser, but thats about it... I hope you are okay.

Anastasia

Those who stand in white blessed light might not always be good, those who stand in the inky shadows of darkness might not always be evil.

More
14 years 6 months ago #7060 by cemwerewolf
Replied by cemwerewolf on topic Re:Burn the house down
Oh dear! I hope you're alright and the damage minimal. The only fire incidents I've had occured at work. The standard burns that are a daily occurence for chefs and one time, when I was covering a line I'm not usually on because we were short staffed, a grease fire started under the main griddle. Got it put out and called the firemen in to make sure I got it all. Then I was informed I was way too calm about dealing with it all . . .

More
14 years 6 months ago #7064 by Zenith
Replied by Zenith on topic Re:Burn the house down
Wow, iut;s a good thing you're ok but I'm so sorry to hear about the damage. Burning candles should be supervised once in a while, you may never be too cautios when it comes to fire. I luckily haven't had too severe accidents with fire, I once burned my lashes due to a faulty cooking stove and once I blackened a wall because of a melted candle that kept on burning. But both my wall and my lashes are fine now.

the thread of life lies severed on the brink of paradise.. .

More
14 years 6 months ago #7069 by Highwayman
Replied by Highwayman on topic Re:Burn the house down
My old car radio burst into flames once and the irony was disco inferno was playing :ohmy:

Even a man who is pure in heart and says his prayers by night, may become a wolf when the wolfsbane blooms and the autumn moon is bright.

More
14 years 6 months ago #7077 by black_magnolia
Oh, dear! I hope you're ok and that the room doesn't stink too much because of the smoke. The only fire accidents I had were with getting food burned. Just today I put some water to boil and I turned on the wrong heat source and almost burned a package of cookies I left there. :S

To see a world in a Grain of Sand,
And a Heaven in a Wild Flower,
Hold Infinity in the palm of your hand,
And eternity in an hour.

Time to create page: 0.277 seconds