Show Navigation Menu

Do you talk to yourself?

More
14 years 6 months ago - 14 years 6 months ago #6958 by TricksterShade
Do you have a habbit of talking to yourself? Some people may think that it is strange to do so, but I do talk to myself when I'm alone, and I'm metally healthy. If you talk to yourself, what do you usually talk about?
Last edit: 14 years 6 months ago by TricksterShade.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 years 6 months ago - 14 years 6 months ago #6973 by black_magnolia
I don't talk with myself. I *think*, even too much.
One thing is when you say something to yourself, like \"Gosh, you're so stupid! You had to put the carrots in the stew with the onions\", then really talk, have a conversation with yourself. I would consider talking with yourself not normal and if you really do talk to yourself like that I'd suggest you visit a doctor because it may be a subconscious symptom for a bigger problem.

To see a world in a Grain of Sand,
And a Heaven in a Wild Flower,
Hold Infinity in the palm of your hand,
And eternity in an hour.
Last edit: 14 years 6 months ago by black_magnolia.

More
14 years 6 months ago #6981 by CorpseQueen
I don't actually talk o myself... but I do have large conversations with people that've been in my life, subconscious ones where I don't make any noises but from time to time move my lips, I guess.

It's my way to handle my lonelyness. I want to talk (and just look at my amout of posts; I have a lot to talk about) but have no one to talk to. Earlier in life this was more grave; now I got friends both in school and outside that I can spend time with, just not as much as I need I believe.

Read these words in a comic once: \"Talking to youself is the first sign of madness!\" and that was the first time I thought about it... I believe it could be seen as madness, but we all have a little part of madness inside of us, and this is just one part of mine.

My beauty is not the shape of the body,
but the voices in you mind;
the thoughts you can't live without

More
14 years 6 months ago #6984 by morphea3107
who said that a lil bit of madness isn't healthy ?:P...

More
14 years 6 months ago #6992 by Zenith
Replied by Zenith on topic Re:Do you talk to yourself?
Hmmm, I don't think talking to yourself once in a while means you're mad, I for one do not have conversations with myself but sometimes when a lot of ideas are coming up I speak aloud to myself so that they do not become all mixed up in my tiny brain. What I do and I've been told it's weird is that I sometimes sing to myself while at home, but I sing lyrics improvised by myself, depending on my state of mind.

the thread of life lies severed on the brink of paradise.. .

More
14 years 6 months ago #7001 by Morgana
Replied by Morgana on topic Re:Do you talk to yourself?
Talking to yourself is the only way to guarantee intelligent conversation... I forget who said that, but it always makes me laugh!

I do talk to myself occassionally, usually when I'm working on something complex at work and trying to figure it out step by step. I think most people do this sort of thing from time to time. But I don't make a habit of it.

Time to create page: 0.274 seconds