Show Navigation Menu

White Lies

More
14 years 7 months ago #6735 by CorpseQueen
Replied by CorpseQueen on topic Re:no more lies...
Somehow I have to dissagree, but just a bit... if no one lied, the world would be very different. But then again, what is a lie?

I don't like to lie, the kind when you say 'yes' but mean 'no' and the opposite, but I can bend my answers so that I don't have to lie. Not answering right away, or telling something close to it, or alike. Because sometimes I don't like to be honest - like when you want to be alone but your friend wants company but don't get your hints, I wouldn't tell them to fuck of. I'd say something else, so I had a reason for not being around that one for the time being, something that may even be true, like 'I need to go home and study', which I have to, but probably wont.

My beauty is not the shape of the body,
but the voices in you mind;
the thoughts you can't live without

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 years 7 months ago #6737 by Zenith
Replied by Zenith on topic Re:no more lies...
I'm 19 but still my mom freaks out whenever I do stuff that she doesn't like. Sure, I tried explaining and I tried imposing my own points of view but it doesn't work, so I still use alittle white lie now and then. It's funny because whatever my parents think or how many fits they throw, I still do what I please. I just would like to find a way in which I could do whatever I wish not to hurt them, but now that they're miles away I could even shave my head and they wouldn't know and get pissed about it :lol:

the thread of life lies severed on the brink of paradise.. .

More
14 years 7 months ago #6764 by cemwerewolf
Replied by cemwerewolf on topic Re:no more lies...
I'd like to say that honesty is always the best policy, but then that would be uttering a lie right there. I try to tell the truth as often as possible but there are certain situations in which the truth gets a little warped or certain points are ommited. I often find I have to be quite careful about what I say around my mother for instance. She has health problems that are aggravated by stress and she stresses very easily. Especially if her \"little girl\" is having trouble. So there are some things that she doesn't know and other facts are given a high gloss before presented. I think I'm doing the right thing in these cases but I still feel a slight pang of guilt . . .

More
14 years 7 months ago #6771 by scootiebee
Replied by scootiebee on topic Re:no more lies...
I am 35, and I still don't tell my mom everything truthfully. I tell her most things, but sometimes, it is more important to make someone happy than to be truthful. At least she lives 1100 miles from me! That makes it easier.

And I am jealous. I haven't been to Thorpe Park in more than 20 years. I went as a kid, and loved it. My dad didn't love it, he got soaked on the log ride with me. :)

It just depends on the situation. I would lie if it was to protect someone and the truth wouldn't help them any.

Nothing to see here, move along folks.

More
14 years 7 months ago #6782 by StephenG
Replied by StephenG on topic Re: no more lies...
I dont know... unfortunately it must be in our nature to lie... some kind of defense mechanism...

More
14 years 7 months ago #6784 by anastasia13
Replied by anastasia13 on topic Re:no more lies...
Like others have said, it's all about your age...my mother (not birth) I was adopted, is so old school she gets on my nerves...I said the Fbomb on the phone and she hung up on me....not my natural mother is totally cool and I have only known her for a few years (had to find her over some medical stuff) and we totally are the same...

So nature and nurture, truth and lies....really not much you can do with either...I prefer to tell the truth, I would tell me friends I don't like the color of their lipstick, but if they feel fabulous in it, who am I to say...I am not wearing it...etc...I have just learned that one white lie compiles onto another and another and then your just lying all the time to that person. I tested the theory...wrote a paper for one of my Criminal Justice classes...so really it's how you want to approach it.. I talk to the mom that raised me totally different than the one that gave birth to me. I love both, but there is so much I can't say to the mom that raised me....it's personality issues too, if your friend is overly sensitive, well shit you have to lie to her or she will cry...not much you can do about that

Anastasia

Those who stand in white blessed light might not always be good, those who stand in the inky shadows of darkness might not always be evil.

Time to create page: 0.279 seconds