Show Navigation Menu

Any Christians out there?

More
14 years 8 months ago #669 by Aftermidnight
I think all the 'instructions' or 'rules' to do with Christianity are based on how as an individual you interpret the Bible. But, like me, most people haven't read the Bible. So you have to rely on other people telling you what it's saying.
My personal belief is that there is a God, who created the world and universe, probably through the big bang. And it's enough to believe in Him. And He doesn't mind other religions because to be honest, there is no physical evidence of His existence and it's whatever feels right to an individual as to what they should or could worship or believe in.
I don't think He minds 'Satanic' music so much as long as you don't listen to it because it's Satanic. And if I'm wrong then it's an honest mistake which I believe he won't mind so much...

Also I think the darker side of life doesn't equate to the more evil or more ungodly side of life.

It's great to be able to talk to people about this.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 years 8 months ago #834 by MefistaCenobica
I'm a christian...and I hate a stereotype that all goths are the satanists (correct word?).
I trying to live right,and some people don't like me because I call them \"dirty sinners\")))

archdevilantidote.proboards.com/
My forum dedicated to bootleg stuff,help me to fill it

More
14 years 8 months ago #863 by Delequen
I myself would consider to be a slew of things...I was raised in the mormon church (don't ask, it's a long story, and really infuriating to say the least). I walked away from it in February of this year. My mother always told me that I could do whatever I want when I turned 18, but until then, I'd be in the church. I stayed as long as I could, not to obey my mother, but because since I do spend a lot of time reading and looking at a lot of different religions and paths, I tried to stay because it was a path that she believed in, and I wanted to try and support her in her beliefs. Unfortunately, if you could call it selfishness, I walked away. I told her I couldn't stand the church any longer, it felt constricting to me, and it didn't feel like a home, or a place of peace to me. Now she doesn't attend the church anymore.

I myself take my different values from many things. I've looked at Buddhism, Christianity (many sects), Judaism, Muslim, Shinto, Satanism (Levay, and theistic paths), Pagan paths, and Wicca. I take a little from some of these. I would consider myself to be pagan though. Simply put, it's more of what I feel a connection, and harmony with. I'm what's known as a dark pagan. I'm more in tune with the darker nature, the darker energies and consciousness (if you could agree with something of that sort). It's taken a search, but it's right for me, and looking back, it always would have been. It is hard though to be myself when part of my family is either Jehovas Witness, or a community of christians...the only other pagan in my family is my sister.

More
14 years 8 months ago #877 by Aftermidnight
I think it's great you can take aspects of some religions and mix them a bit; religion is a subjective thing and it really is up to the individual what to take from it. Not creating a new religion as such, just making something that works for you and you are comfortable with. It's meant to help in everyday life, so it would be counterproductive to follow in something you didn't believe.

More
14 years 8 months ago #884 by CorpseQueen
Now that's what I think one of the worst part of religion... forcing someone to believe. To say \"This is right and what you believe is wrong. What you think is wrong.\" That's the real reason I can't stand being something else then on my own...

Myself, I like the darker parts, but probably because everything else is so bright, that even the slightest of shadows is dark. I find myself, in the end, right inbetween. Just like a magician should be. If I am? I find most things interesting, the mystic more then others. If I believe in it? Both yes and no. Raised to be critical to everything you can't see, then teached in the art of being critical to your sources, I still think I'm balansed enough. If magic exists, I wouldn't really be surprised, but if it doesn't, I'm fine anyway. Telling myself that few things surprize me, and yet something has to proove me wrong...

My beauty is not the shape of the body,
but the voices in you mind;
the thoughts you can't live without

More
14 years 8 months ago #896 by tfillah
Aftermidnight wrote:

I am a Christian (not a die-hard one; I believe in God but thats about as far as it goes)

If you believe in God, but that's it, you need to consider whether you are Christian at all. While there are hundreds of sects of that particular religion, the greater majority tend to believe that Jesus was Divine, and that he died for our sins. A belief in a Divine Presence, the ALL, the Force, says that you have faith, but is far from being labeled. And that can be a very good thing.
Of course, the Kristos existed long before the Nazarene, and many have had the title of \"Christ.\"

Aut Disce Aut Discede

Time to create page: 0.272 seconds