Show Navigation Menu

Sexual Preferences

More
13 years 11 months ago #21400 by black_magnolia
Envy wrote:

Do you think that inside every human there is the potential for a homosexual person?

I'm just curious as to your thoughts, it's hard to explain what I mean, but basically..

..I'm almost certain that every human will be curious about what it's like to be with one of the same gender. I know many friends who have had dreams like that and who have been straight but curious or have been straight and not curious at all and woken up very confused after such a dream.

I don't think I know a guy who hasn't tried on women's clothing as well. Lots don't openly admit it, but I know that they've tried on their girlfriend's clothing etc. at some point just 'for fun' or 'out of curiosity' in privacy.

(What inspired this question was a very vivid dream last night. My sexuality is a bit complicated, I don't quite understand it myself, but basically..I would call myself neutral. I dislike the word 'bisexual' and I feel 'bi' implies active attraction to both sexes which I do not have. I don't really feel a strong attraction either way, I take whatever comes.)

So..What are your views?

I never had such dreams, but as far as curiosity goes, I did try to think about how it would be with a girl. Basically, my skin crawls up and I just feel disgusted by the image of me together with a girl. It's not my thing.

I don't see what trying on woman's cloths has to do with a man's sexuality? Centuries back man wore skirts because trousers weren't even invented and when you think about actors, the first actors were all male and they also acted out women in the plays.
I wouldn't go so far as to assume that a man trying on woman's cloths, for any reason, means automatically that they have a little gay tendency in the pits of their beings. I think it's weird that people think that gays are very feminine man, it's just not true. From all the gays I know, 90% would pass as hetero any time, on the other side I have friends that are totally hetero and never even felt any attraction to the same sex, but I constantly got asked about them if they are gay and people don't believe me when I assure them they are not.

To see a world in a Grain of Sand,
And a Heaven in a Wild Flower,
Hold Infinity in the palm of your hand,
And eternity in an hour.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 years 11 months ago #21408 by Envy
Replied by Envy on topic Re:Sexual Preferences
black_magnolia wrote:

I don't see what trying on woman's cloths has to do with a man's sexuality? Centuries back man wore skirts because trousers weren't even invented and when you think about actors, the first actors were all male and they also acted out women in the plays.
I wouldn't go so far as to assume that a man trying on woman's cloths, for any reason, means automatically that they have a little gay tendency in the pits of their beings. I think it's weird that people think that gays are very feminine man, it's just not true. From all the gays I know, 90% would pass as hetero any time, on the other side I have friends that are totally hetero and never even felt any attraction to the same sex, but I constantly got asked about them if they are gay and people don't believe me when I assure them they are not.

Oops, maybe that wasn't very clear. I was just illustrating common examples of human curiosity. A man seen wearing women's clothing in current day society isn't seen as 'normal' by mainstream ideals and yet next to all guys I know have been curious about it, naturally.

I was wondering if all humans had that kind of natural curiosity about being with the same sex.

..Was that a better explanation or did that make everything a bit more confusing?

More
13 years 11 months ago #21420 by Polaristhe2
Replied by Polaristhe2 on topic Re:Sexual Preferences
\"I don't see what trying on woman's cloths has to do with a man's sexuality?\" Less has been known to happen to change a sexuality of a woman or a man. And times change, with them morals and concepts of sexuality. I must admit I have never fantasized about being with another man. Not out of disgust but out of things I know about myself. I just don't see it work.

So my opinion is that wondering about having sexual attraction to the same sex is such a powerful taboo subject, something like, \"what would happen if I won the lottery?\" that everyone thinks about it sooner or later. Not because of curiosity, but out of the plain thought, \"whoa, what if I'm gay?\".

People are scared, frustrated and most of all petty beings. And the curse is that everyone has his or her own mind. My conclusion is that people think about it out of pure mechanization, because everyone is talking about it.

I'll prove it on a practical example:

You are now breathing manually.

:)

Choices we make and the choices that are, when Hell is so close and Heaven so far.

More
13 years 11 months ago #21430 by black_magnolia
Envy wrote:

Oops, maybe that wasn't very clear. I was just illustrating common examples of human curiosity. A man seen wearing women's clothing in current day society isn't seen as 'normal' by mainstream ideals and yet next to all guys I know have been curious about it, naturally.

I was wondering if all humans had that kind of natural curiosity about being with the same sex.

..Was that a better explanation or did that make everything a bit more confusing?

Yes, a bit more clearer now. :silly:
I think humans are curious beings by the definition, so in that regard, naturally has every human who is familiar with the concept of same-sex attraction, at one point or another, wondered how it would be having an intimate moment (or more) with a person of the same sex.

To see a world in a Grain of Sand,
And a Heaven in a Wild Flower,
Hold Infinity in the palm of your hand,
And eternity in an hour.

More
13 years 11 months ago #21451 by SkieShauphen
Replied by SkieShauphen on topic Re:Sexual Preferences
I'm bi curious. Haven't done much with men but plenty with women. I'm looking for the right guy first.

Meaning comes from within.

More
13 years 11 months ago - 13 years 11 months ago #21468 by Kuroboshi
Replied by Kuroboshi on topic Re:Sexual Preferences
Something amusing happened today, somewhat relevant to this topic.

A guy at college is bisexual, and one of the more immature people there decides to try make fun of it for him. I've never seen so many people against him at one time, mostly we just ignore it, ended with some people stating people they know, or in 1 case related to, are bisexual. Touchy subject it seems, at least we won't have to put up with the little runt next year.
Last edit: 13 years 11 months ago by Kuroboshi.

Time to create page: 0.277 seconds