Show Navigation Menu

Sexual Preferences

More
14 years 6 months ago #5826 by Aftermidnight
Zenith wrote:

Well, having sex with a friend may ruin the friendship, in my opinion, because other things become involved in that relationship, it not only complicats it, but it alters it I guess.

I think it affects how you see your friend. Because in some ways having friends is kind of a release for having a loving (or sexual) (or, both) relationship with someone else. When you're in love with someone you want to please* them all the time in loads of different ways and, while that's not a bad emotion, it is nice to a change from it. To hang out with someone you comfortable with but don't have a burning desire to 'please' all the time.
*I don't necessarily mean in a sexual way, but in any way.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 years 6 months ago #5839 by Thurysaz
Bonsoir sister Zenith,

I totaly agree with you sex alters the relation of friendship, Because one of them starts to have \"requirements\" or desires that go beyond friendship.

Mes hommages.

T.

More
13 years 11 months ago #21323 by Envy
Replied by Envy on topic Re:Sexual Preferences
Do you think that inside every human there is the potential for a homosexual person?

I'm just curious as to your thoughts, it's hard to explain what I mean, but basically..

..I'm almost certain that every human will be curious about what it's like to be with one of the same gender. I know many friends who have had dreams like that and who have been straight but curious or have been straight and not curious at all and woken up very confused after such a dream.

I don't think I know a guy who hasn't tried on women's clothing as well. Lots don't openly admit it, but I know that they've tried on their girlfriend's clothing etc. at some point just 'for fun' or 'out of curiosity' in privacy.

(What inspired this question was a very vivid dream last night. My sexuality is a bit complicated, I don't quite understand it myself, but basically..I would call myself neutral. I dislike the word 'bisexual' and I feel 'bi' implies active attraction to both sexes which I do not have. I don't really feel a strong attraction either way, I take whatever comes.)

So..What are your views?

More
13 years 11 months ago #21326 by Poledra1a
Replied by Poledra1a on topic Re:Sexual Preferences
Humans definately have a \"thang\" for putting people in boxes. I think it makes us more comfortable to know that \"oh that person is hetro\", or \"that guy is SO gay\". Its good to know people's \"limitations\" towards that sort of thing though. Nothing worse than trying to hit on a gay guy, especially when they're hot :P

I enjoy a good flirt with either sex. I'd have to say Im hetro as Ive only ever been with guys, but if I met the right kind of special lady I have no doubt that my curiousity would certainly be in overdrive. I find women very sensually attractive and its always great when two minds think alike. Im lucky enough to be in a relationship where my parter would be comfortable with me bringing said special lady friend home.

What I found really funny was that when I really pressed him about WHY he would NEVER entertain the idea of another guy being involved he said it was in regards to the fact he does not see women as competition for his affection with me, whereas when it comes to males he is very treatened and feels he has to defend his honnor. i.e. feels a testosterone serge which makes him want to hit things *insert primative monkey noises here*.

So to me it seems that males have a much harder time with the whole \"bi\" lable than women do. The few gay guys I know are DEFINATELY for guys only, but only one out of a handful of lesbian friends are just for females. Most have or would swing either way.

I like your idea of neutrality Envy. That to me makes a lot of sense - too many lables in this world - when it comes down to it love is LOVE baby :kiss:

Consistency is the last refuge of the unimaginative.

More
13 years 11 months ago #21330 by Envy
Replied by Envy on topic Re:Sexual Preferences
Poledra1a wrote:

Humans definately have a \"thang\" for putting people in boxes. I think it makes us more comfortable to know that \"oh that person is hetro\", or \"that guy is SO gay\". Its good to know people's \"limitations\" towards that sort of thing though. Nothing worse than trying to hit on a gay guy, especially when they're hot :P

I enjoy a good flirt with either sex. I'd have to say Im hetro as Ive only ever been with guys, but if I met the right kind of special lady I have no doubt that my curiousity would certainly be in overdrive. I find women very sensually attractive and its always great when two minds think alike. Im lucky enough to be in a relationship where my parter would be comfortable with me bringing said special lady friend home.

What I found really funny was that when I really pressed him about WHY he would NEVER entertain the idea of another guy being involved he said it was in regards to the fact he does not see women as competition for his affection with me, whereas when it comes to males he is very treatened and feels he has to defend his honnor. i.e. feels a testosterone serge which makes him want to hit things *insert primative monkey noises here*.

So to me it seems that males have a much harder time with the whole \"bi\" lable than women do. The few gay guys I know are DEFINATELY for guys only, but only one out of a handful of lesbian friends are just for females. Most have or would swing either way.

I like your idea of neutrality Envy. That to me makes a lot of sense - too many lables in this world - when it comes down to it love is LOVE baby :kiss:

Oh! Agreed with a lot of that!

The reason I'm not too bothered about being with either sex is that there are certain..Traits..In each gender's character. Females are a lot more understanding about female things and their reactions aren't so defensive and...Masculine..You know? They don't generally get as over-protective nor do they jump to conclusions/try to keep you away from people who could be attracted to you..Yet again, males being overprotective can be a nice thing too..

..Women seem a lot more touchy-feely and cuddly though. Guys I've been with seem to enjoy their space, particularly when sharing a bed. My ex hated extra body heat when he was sleeping. Ugh. I'm more of a cuddly person and a lot of my female friends are too.

:woohoo: In a sense I get defensive about the idea of someone else being 'involved'. It depends who they are. My current male partner won't have any other person become 'involved' because he doesn't want my mind to stray onto the other person and off of him. He doesn't want anyone else to see me the way he does as well and like with most people, he just doesn't want unwanted 'competition'. I won't have another person involved unless they're lesbian (and therefore not going to steal my partner away/they'd only possibly be interested in me, very selfish I know) or just hetero-male (for similar selfish reasons), haha. At the end of the day, better to just have no one else involved!

My ex also often stated how he felt that bisexuality was 'more of a choice' for women than with men. Not sure what he quite meant, but I interpreted it as 'society is more accepting of lesbians than gays'. I can kind of see what he means..But yet again, I am kind of completely baffled by that statement.

More
13 years 11 months ago #21379 by Malkie
Replied by Malkie on topic Re:Sexual Preferences
Hello world

I'm hetero myself also, but i actaully get along with the gay community better then i do straight guys.. Its kinda strange :)

But i'm a lover of my fetish lol, makes for fun times. But i'm not curious in any way about guys or anything like that.. i see so many guys i know who i sorta count as friends who are so touchie feelie groupie HEY MATE and i have a freak out when they try it on me :)

Something is wrong i swear :D

Time to create page: 0.269 seconds