Show Navigation Menu

Pets

More
13 years 1 month ago - 13 years 1 month ago #31534 by Envy
Replied by Envy on topic Re: Pets
nwbevk wrote:

My snake made his great escape once to. His previous tank did not have the best lid, and he managed to reach one of the small holes. I was in such a panic, looking everywhere, untill I saw the silloette (spelling?) behind the window curtain. He was coiled up in the blinds. Yay for a tree snake that goes up rather than down, where the open heater vents are....

Eep.

My cousin's snake had wedged itself between some welcome mats during one escapade. Not a brilliant hiding place - But at least it wasn't injured/trodden on.

If the picture works - This'll be an update on my baby fish. :P

They're preeetty damn big now. Just a few more months and they'll be small adults with all their colours. I think I stuck the original baby-tank pictures on page 42 of this topic or around there anyway.

They don't look that colourful there, but when we switch on the tank light, the tank comes alive. :P My favourite one is that little red boy in the middle of the picture. He looks just like his father. ^.^

Oh and - It's not actually that crowded in there - The babies all swim to whichever side of the tank I'm on because they presume I'll feed them, haha. It's adorable. I feel like Evan Almighty.
Last edit: 13 years 1 month ago by Envy.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 years 2 weeks ago #32265 by Prissy
Replied by Prissy on topic Re: Pets
:( my little chihuahua passed away. im so sad, and worse of all my labrador got runned over its been a sad horrible month

ZOSO

More
13 years 2 weeks ago #32268 by Envy
Prissy wrote:

:( my little chihuahua passed away. im so sad, and worse of all my labrador got runned over its been a sad horrible month

>.< Eep..

I'm sorry for your loss..Hope things pick up soon. :huh: Do you think you'll be getting new dogs or have you not really thought about that yet?

More
13 years 2 weeks ago #32271 by black_magnolia
Replied by black_magnolia on topic Re: Pets
Prissy wrote:

I'm sorry for your loss. :(

I'd recommend getting a new dog as soon as possible. I know it may sound bad becasue all pets are special to their owners and it's not easy to get over it, but a new pet really does help.
I would have done that myself if I could have, but with uni and stuff it really wouldn't be ok to the new pet... :huh:

To see a world in a Grain of Sand,
And a Heaven in a Wild Flower,
Hold Infinity in the palm of your hand,
And eternity in an hour.

More
13 years 2 weeks ago #32272 by Envy
black_magnolia wrote:

Prissy wrote:

I'm sorry for your loss. :(

I'd recommend getting a new dog as soon as possible. I know it may sound bad becasue all pets are special to their owners and it's not easy to get over it, but a new pet really does help.
I would have done that myself if I could have, but with uni and stuff it really wouldn't be ok to the new pet... :huh:

Ah, I was going to say the same..A friend of mine had a family dog pass away, and she'd had him around since she was born, so he was very very old - Her family agreed that they wouldn't own another dog after him, but somehow, they ended up adopting a new dog and haven't looked back since.

More
13 years 2 weeks ago #32275 by black_magnolia
Replied by black_magnolia on topic Re: Pets
Envy wrote:

Ah, I was going to say the same..A friend of mine had a family dog pass away, and she'd had him around since she was born, so he was very very old - Her family agreed that they wouldn't own another dog after him, but somehow, they ended up adopting a new dog and haven't looked back since.

Now when I think about it... When my late dog was still alive (maybe he was just one or two years old then), I told my mom that if anything happened to him (minus old age), anything at all, I wouldn't get a new dog.
I was absolutely serious about that then. I didn't really think that in the end, I will, unintentionally now, have to stick to my word. :huh:

To see a world in a Grain of Sand,
And a Heaven in a Wild Flower,
Hold Infinity in the palm of your hand,
And eternity in an hour.

Time to create page: 0.295 seconds