Pets

More
13 years 1 month ago #31349 by black_magnolia
Replied by black_magnolia on topic Re: Pets
Madam_Mim wrote:

We are getting a Welsh Corgi Cardigan - like the others we've had :kiss:

My late dog

Awwww!!! Corgi!!! :kiss:

I'd get one if I could. Don't know of any Corgi breeders in Croatia, unfortunately. :(
I'm still thinking about getting a pure-breed or rather adopting some mix from the shelter. Had both throughout the years but I'm still not sure which is better. :silly: We'll see what is on the 'market' when finally my mom says yes. Maybe there will be the right canine in the shelter at that time. ;)

To see a world in a Grain of Sand,
And a Heaven in a Wild Flower,
Hold Infinity in the palm of your hand,
And eternity in an hour.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 years 1 month ago #31354 by nwbevk
Replied by nwbevk on topic Re: Pets
Am sorry to hear of your loss Madam Mim. Glad you're getting another Corgie though, they're sooo cute!

Am so loving my first corgi dog. He has a couple little issues I need to train him out of, but otherwise he's the sweetest dog and I wouldn't trade him for the world.

Currently the old lady husky is still hanging in there. Her fur from the ultrasound the first week of Jan still hasn't grown back, so we tested her thyroid, which if I read the results right, she is in normal range, will see what the dr. thinks monday.

My constant worry over the snake gets to go away. He Finally soaked a good long time in his water and this shed took most of his scales off, even the ones stuck from last time. Only one spot left, right at the end of his tail, that needs to come off. The stresses of trying to be a good first time snake mom.

More
13 years 1 month ago #31490 by black_magnolia
Replied by black_magnolia on topic Re: Pets
My mom just called to inform me that they (ergo my mom and dad) went to visit the family that took over our sheep and herding dogs. Basically \"our\" Croatian shepherd gave birth to a nice six-pack. :)

Mom said that Nox (the daddy-dog) was full of pride and Nera (momma-dog) was jealous like always, so she doesn't let anyone come too close to the pups or even Nox. :silly:

The shepherd told them that I did an excellent job with Nox becasue he does a great job with the sheep. Nera wasn't chosen by me, so when my sister brought her home I knew she won't do a great job on her own (she's just too nervous as a dog), but she does help Nox around so at least she's good for something. I'm pretty sure the pups are going to be good workers too becasue they not only have good blood, but can also see both their parents at work.

Now I just have to bring my mom to agree that we get one pup for us. ;) The way we talked, seems like she doesn't want to get one from this first litter, so I think we'll get one from the next litter for sure. *crosses fingers* :)

To see a world in a Grain of Sand,
And a Heaven in a Wild Flower,
Hold Infinity in the palm of your hand,
And eternity in an hour.

More
13 years 1 month ago #31504 by cemwerewolf
Replied by cemwerewolf on topic Re: Pets
It appears there's an escape artist in my house. The snake made a break for it last night! Fortunately we found her pretty quickly, curled up behind a row of dvds. She got a couple small scratches from some where but nothing major. I guess I'll be spending the evening setting up some kind of jam for the terrarium door. Damn sneaky criters . . .

More
13 years 1 month ago #31509 by Envy
Replied by Envy on topic Re: Pets
cemwerewolf wrote:

It appears there's an escape artist in my house. The snake made a break for it last night! Fortunately we found her pretty quickly, curled up behind a row of dvds. She got a couple small scratches from some where but nothing major. I guess I'll be spending the evening setting up some kind of jam for the terrarium door. Damn sneaky criters . . .

:woohoo: Teehee. Snake escapes seem uncannily common. :P My cousin's 6 foot snake's managed to escape and hide itself away for days on end before. Friends of mine who also own snakes have had many escapes to deal with too. Always surprises me..Makes me wonder how they manage to get out.

Something strange has happened in our fish tank..One of the baby fish died for unknown reasons. My mother said she saw it looking a bit ill for a few days..

I checked the body afterwards and there were no signs of bleeding or anything, so I don't think the larger fish pecked it to death or something of that nature..And all the other babies seem fine, so. Hm. It's worrying because it's a mystery so far.

Very annoyed because it was our only red and yellow female.

More
13 years 1 month ago #31518 by nwbevk
Replied by nwbevk on topic Re: Pets
My snake made his great escape once to. His previous tank did not have the best lid, and he managed to reach one of the small holes. I was in such a panic, looking everywhere, untill I saw the silloette (spelling?) behind the window curtain. He was coiled up in the blinds. Yay for a tree snake that goes up rather than down, where the open heater vents are....

Time to create page: 0.379 seconds