Show Navigation Menu

Pets

More
13 years 2 months ago #30543 by cemwerewolf
Replied by cemwerewolf on topic Re: Pets
I'm not sure if it's all species or just some but squirrels can loose their tail. It's a kind of survival mechanism. Predators go for the big fluffy tail and the squirrel can run off and leave it behind. It really surprised me when I found this out . . .

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 years 2 months ago - 13 years 2 months ago #30547 by black_magnolia
Replied by black_magnolia on topic Re: Pets
cemwerewolf wrote:

I'm not sure if it's all species or just some but squirrels can loose their tail. It's a kind of survival mechanism. Predators go for the big fluffy tail and the squirrel can run off and leave it behind. It really surprised me when I found this out . . .

:ohmy: That's news to me! Does the squirrel's tail grow back or not? I know a lizard's can grow back...

To see a world in a Grain of Sand,
And a Heaven in a Wild Flower,
Hold Infinity in the palm of your hand,
And eternity in an hour.
Last edit: 13 years 2 months ago by black_magnolia.

More
13 years 2 months ago #30558 by cemwerewolf
Replied by cemwerewolf on topic Re: Pets
If I remember correctly it's gone forever. The fluffy bit is sort of like a sheath that fits over the actual tail structure so it would still have a tail but it wouldn't be as impressive. I actually saw a squirrel that had lost it's fluff once. It's absolutely bizarre looking.

More
13 years 2 months ago #30565 by Envy
Replied by Envy on topic Re: Pets
cemwerewolf wrote:

If I remember correctly it's gone forever. The fluffy bit is sort of like a sheath that fits over the actual tail structure so it would still have a tail but it wouldn't be as impressive. I actually saw a squirrel that had lost it's fluff once. It's absolutely bizarre looking.

That's incredible! :P I never knew that either!

Hehe. Amazing some of the things I've never discussed before. ^.^ The wonders of a forum.

More
13 years 2 months ago #30571 by black_magnolia
Replied by black_magnolia on topic Re: Pets
cemwerewolf wrote:

oh, wow! That really must be a sight to see! :silly:

To see a world in a Grain of Sand,
And a Heaven in a Wild Flower,
Hold Infinity in the palm of your hand,
And eternity in an hour.

More
13 years 2 months ago #30588 by Envy
Replied by Envy on topic Re: Pets
black_magnolia wrote:

cemwerewolf wrote:

oh, wow! That really must be a sight to see! :silly:

I couldn't help but try and find a picture. I found tons where there was completely no tail left over, but then I came across this:

:woohoo: I don't know what to make of it. It looks like a mix between a hamster and a rat. Still adorable though!

Time to create page: 0.384 seconds