Show Navigation Menu

Pets

More
13 years 3 months ago #30147 by black_magnolia
Replied by black_magnolia on topic Re: Pets
Envy wrote:

That's such a nice story! ^.^ But something confuses me - Where was her owner, if not on the bus?

Her owners were waiting for her when we arrived. I asume they couldn't get her themselves so they asked someone to pack her on the bus.
She had a nice warm cushion in the cage and a litlle pink rabbit plushie.
I saw her owners when we arrived and they were so thrilled to see her. :-)

To see a world in a Grain of Sand,
And a Heaven in a Wild Flower,
Hold Infinity in the palm of your hand,
And eternity in an hour.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 years 3 months ago #30150 by Envy
Replied by Envy on topic Re: Pets
black_magnolia wrote:

Envy wrote:

That's such a nice story! ^.^ But something confuses me - Where was her owner, if not on the bus?

Her owners were waiting for her when we arrived. I asume they couldn't get her themselves so they asked someone to pack her on the bus.

Ah..I find that really strange. If someone packed a puppy onto a bus here, it'd either be stolen within 20 seconds or sent straight off to the RSPCA. :S It's nice to know there's that kind of trust in your society.

More
13 years 3 months ago #30157 by black_magnolia
Replied by black_magnolia on topic Re: Pets
Envy wrote:

black_magnolia wrote:

Envy wrote:

Ah..I find that really strange. If someone packed a puppy onto a bus here, it'd either be stolen within 20 seconds or sent straight off to the RSPCA. :S It's nice to know there's that kind of trust in your society.

Maybe you're imagining that wrong. :silly: You can't just come there and pack it on the bus without asking anybody. Maybe the term bus is misleading you. I think you would use the term coach for it when it is for such a route. The driver was informed about the pup and had the name of the people to whom he had to give it. You should imagine it as a postal service. You have to pay some fee for the transportation of the puppy etc.

To see a world in a Grain of Sand,
And a Heaven in a Wild Flower,
Hold Infinity in the palm of your hand,
And eternity in an hour.

More
13 years 2 months ago #30160 by Envy
black_magnolia wrote:

Maybe you're imagining that wrong. :silly: You can't just come there and pack it on the bus without asking anybody. Maybe the term bus is misleading you. I think you would use the term coach for it when it is for such a route. The driver was informed about the pup and had the name of the people to whom he had to give it. You should imagine it as a postal service. You have to pay some fee for the transportation of the puppy etc.

Ahh right, a coach. :P I can imagine a puppy being put onto a coach, although I've never seen it myself. I'd love to have a puppy to play with on a long coach journey! :woohoo: Much better than staring out of the window or getting headaches from trying to read/play on the PSP/gameboy.

Just to stay a bit closer to the topic, I might as well mention - My mother's surprised me today by buying two new fish. They're like tetras but striped and a bit thinner - No idea what they are, but I can find out later. We've been having a lot of swordtail-baby deaths lately..So.. :huh: It's strange. Only the swordtail babies seem to be dying off, and they're in the same tank as guppy babies which are fine - First they'll seem to forget how to swim and belly-crawl for a few days, then they'll die.

Really annoying because we have so few of the swordtail babies and they're the prettiest ones..All red and black when born.

More
13 years 2 months ago #30167 by Morgana
Replied by Morgana on topic Re: Pets
black_magnolia wrote:

Envy wrote:

black_magnolia wrote:

Envy wrote:

I did that with my cats when we moved across country... sent them to my mom by plane. They were booked in like \"cargo\", which I wasn't too happy to read on the invoice, but they were in a warm section of the plane, not down in the main luggage/cargo hold. I'm sure they were terrified, and I was in total panic until my mom called me to say she had picked them up and they were fine. I really didn't have any other choice though... it took us 12 days to make the drive, and I know they would have hated that even more. At least the plane ride was only 8 hours or so...

More
13 years 2 months ago #30176 by Envy
Morgana wrote:

I did that with my cats when we moved across country... sent them to my mom by plane. They were booked in like \"cargo\", which I wasn't too happy to read on the invoice, but they were in a warm section of the plane, not down in the main luggage/cargo hold. I'm sure they were terrified, and I was in total panic until my mom called me to say she had picked them up and they were fine. I really didn't have any other choice though... it took us 12 days to make the drive, and I know they would have hated that even more. At least the plane ride was only 8 hours or so...

Oh..Wow. 8 hours plane journey within a country? Where were you moving to/from? I know it only takes me about 9-10 hours to get from here in the UK to Seattle which is pretty far West US!

Time to create page: 0.306 seconds