Show Navigation Menu

Pets

More
13 years 3 months ago #29742 by Night Blossom
Replied by Night Blossom on topic Re: Pets
He's really very nice, I swear!!!

So far (we've had him since Dec 2nd) we've taught him to kiss and do the MMMWAH sound. And Jen taught him to wolf whistle. Which he was doing when we'd walk by, than started using his whistle as a war cry against the cat. :P

Also, we totally looked up that Chocobo video when we first got him!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 years 3 months ago #29746 by Envy
Replied by Envy on topic Re: Pets
Night Blossom wrote:

He's really very nice, I swear!!!

So far (we've had him since Dec 2nd) we've taught him to kiss and do the MMMWAH sound. And Jen taught him to wolf whistle. Which he was doing when we'd walk by, than started using his whistle as a war cry against the cat. :P

Also, we totally looked up that Chocobo video when we first got him!

*Squee* That's so cute! I was never able to teach my budgies anything. One loved to scream at me unless I had food to offer her, and the other just wasn't interested once he finished his baby-stage. Only interested in courting his partner. Hmph!

Always been tempted to get a lone budgie (we usually own in pairs to stop them from losing their minds when we're all away during the day) but seeing as uni should hopefully be coming soon for me, I wouldn't be there to care for it anyway.

More
13 years 3 months ago #29765 by black_magnolia
Replied by black_magnolia on topic Re: Pets
I only kept male Canaries myself and they don't need any teaching to sing beautifully. :)
At one time we had two males and they would literally have singing competitions all day long!

To see a world in a Grain of Sand,
And a Heaven in a Wild Flower,
Hold Infinity in the palm of your hand,
And eternity in an hour.

More
13 years 3 months ago #29769 by Envy
black_magnolia wrote:

I only kept male Canaries myself and they don't need any teaching to sing beautifully. :)
At one time we had two males and they would literally have singing competitions all day long!

Oh my budgies would sing, yes. But it was mainly my male that loved to sing all day. Which probably makes sense with the whole courtship thing. The females I've owned tended to only chirp when they wanted something or when they were wondering what you're doing. Apart from that, the females liked screeching at me in an angry-budgie-tone. :S

More
13 years 3 months ago #29779 by cemwerewolf
Replied by cemwerewolf on topic Re: Pets
My husband's male cockatiel loves to sing . . . to himself. He seranades his mirror on a regular basis, despite the fact that he shares the cage with a female. He's the most narcissistic creature I've ever met.

More
13 years 3 months ago #29782 by Envy
cemwerewolf wrote:

My husband's male cockatiel loves to sing . . . to himself. He seranades his mirror on a regular basis, despite the fact that he shares the cage with a female. He's the most narcissistic creature I've ever met.

Ahh..I've heard all sorts of debates on giving birds mirrors because they can become completely obsessive with them and develop bad habits. Especially once the mirror is in..I heard some people on birdkeeper forums talking about birds becoming stressy/pulling out their own feathers once the mirror has been taken out due to obsession as well. :S But some claim it just depends on the individual bird's behaviour.

I did give one of my budgies a mirror before, but I never left it in for long, for fear of her becoming obsessive over it. Whenever it was in, she'd go nuts with singing, attacking and even regurgitating onto it. Ugh..It was at that point that I just stopped giving it to her.

Time to create page: 0.366 seconds