Show Navigation Menu

Pets

More
13 years 3 months ago #29642 by cemwerewolf
Replied by cemwerewolf on topic Re: Pets
Had a rather . . . odd . . . occurence last night. My husband and I were in the living room and our cat, Shade, was sitting in the middle of the floor. Suddenly he had what I can only describe as a full body jerk resembling when a person tries to supress a case of the hiccups. It happened three more times within a minute. So I got to wondering . . . can cats have hiccups?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 years 3 months ago #29665 by black_magnolia
Replied by black_magnolia on topic Re: Pets
cemwerewolf wrote:

Had a rather . . . odd . . . occurence last night. My husband and I were in the living room and our cat, Shade, was sitting in the middle of the floor. Suddenly he had what I can only describe as a full body jerk resembling when a person tries to supress a case of the hiccups. It happened three more times within a minute. So I got to wondering . . . can cats have hiccups?

Yup. My cats do show the same behaviour from time to time. Totally freaked me out the first time I saw it. If they are spred over the floor, they stand up, go rigid, have just the tip of their tongue out of thier mouth and it looks like they are trying to surppress themnselves from I don't know what. First I thought that they were going to throw up something, but nothing came, they just went to normal again. I think they are having problems with furrbals if it weren't really hiccups. :silly:

To see a world in a Grain of Sand,
And a Heaven in a Wild Flower,
Hold Infinity in the palm of your hand,
And eternity in an hour.

More
13 years 3 months ago #29707 by Night Blossom
Replied by Night Blossom on topic Re: Pets
Jen and I have a one year old (almost two year old!) kitty named Wedge aka Fluff and Terror! (The Wedge part - we named him after one of our favorite Star Wars characters!)

And a seven month old cockatiel named Jango aka Feather Menace! (Also named him after one of our favorite Star Wars characters! :))

More
13 years 3 months ago #29716 by Envy
Replied by Envy on topic Re: Pets
cemwerewolf wrote:

For some reason, that reminds me of something weird that happened to one of my fish. We looked one night and his body/tail was bent. We figured he'd either fought with another male guppy (which has never happened before) or that he was getting old and his spine had locked into that position whilst he was trying to court a female.

It fixed itself within a night anyway, but it was very strange. :blink:

@Night Blossom:

They're adorable! Makes me think about how much I miss my old budgies. :(

More
13 years 3 months ago #29729 by black_magnolia
Replied by black_magnolia on topic Re: Pets
Awww!!! Star Wars inspired names! <3

The cat looks adorable, but I somehow never liked cockatiels, they have something mean about them. :huh:

My cousin has a cockatiel. Every time one died of old age they would get a new one and I always looked out to be in a safe distance from the cage when I was visiting. :S I just can't trust those birds and I don't have a problem with others, just with this species. I never got bit or anything, but just a feeling deep down tells me to keep away from cockatiels. :huh:

To see a world in a Grain of Sand,
And a Heaven in a Wild Flower,
Hold Infinity in the palm of your hand,
And eternity in an hour.

More
13 years 3 months ago #29733 by Envy
Replied by Envy on topic Re: Pets
black_magnolia wrote:

Awww!!! Star Wars inspired names! <3

The cat looks adorable, but I somehow never liked cockatiels, they have something mean about them. :huh:

My cousin has a cockatiel. Every time one died of old age they would get a new one and I always looked out to be in a safe distance from the cage when I was visiting. :S I just can't trust those birds and I don't have a problem with others, just with this species. I never got bit or anything, but just a feeling deep down tells me to keep away from cockatiels. :huh:

Aww! I associate cockatiels with this:

Time to create page: 0.385 seconds