Show Navigation Menu

Pets

More
13 years 3 months ago #29102 by Vanthony
Replied by Vanthony on topic Re: Pets
We have 3 dogs, 2 chickens, 7 fishes(4 carps, 2 shubunkins and a fighting fish) and 3 orb-weaver spiders. :)

On your deathbed, you regret not what you did, but what you didn't do.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 years 3 months ago #29118 by nwbevk
Replied by nwbevk on topic Re: Pets
Envy- ooo, love those Rotties to. My fave patient at work is a Rott, he out weights me by about 8 pounds, his head is massive, but he's so sweet. Will sit on ya then roll over for belly rubs. ^__^ And he lives with two little white french bull dogs... funniest thing in the world.

More
13 years 3 months ago #29124 by Envy
Replied by Envy on topic Re: Pets
@Vanthony: I'm so jealous! We used to own ghost koi and shubunkins when I was very little! My favourite was a shubunkin that always jumped out whenever we changed the water, haha. He was a huge thing.

:P We're thinking of adding a male fighting fish to our tank soon..And chickens or quails are coming our way once the buildingwork at the back of our garden is done.

@nwbevk: Rotties are the oddest dogs aren't they? Not too bright, but really energetic and always with silly happy looks on their faces. My auntie's rotties weren't the playful type at first though, as she lived with several so it was more like being in a pack with my auntie at the top and newcomers at the bottom. What I loved about them is that they loved soft plush toys. :woohoo: Seems to be a trait with all of my auntie's big dogs. They all have favourite plush toys that they take to bed with them, haha. Just like children.

More
13 years 3 months ago #29136 by Vanthony
Replied by Vanthony on topic Re: Pets
Envy wrote:

@Vanthony: I'm so jealous! We used to own ghost koi and shubunkins when I was very little! My favourite was a shubunkin that always jumped out whenever we changed the water, haha. He was a huge thing.

:P We're thinking of adding a male fighting fish to our tank soon..And chickens or quails are coming our way once the buildingwork at the back of our garden is done.

Hehehe..That was once our problem every time we cleaned and changed the water in the aquarium but after a few months, I think the fishes get used to it, because they stay calm and won't react so much anymore during the cleaning time. We used to have smaller fishes like swordtails, black mollies, tiger barbs and some guppies actually, somehow my dad noticed that the aquarium was just quite big for those fishes so we replaced it with kois and shubunkins. And yeah, we separated the fighting fish in a bowl since its natural habitat is in still water. Fighting fishes are easy to manage..hehehe. you need not have to put any oxygen pump in the bowl for them to live. :laugh: Yep, it's nice to have a livestock at home..

On your deathbed, you regret not what you did, but what you didn't do.

More
13 years 3 months ago #29138 by black_magnolia
Replied by black_magnolia on topic Re: Pets
Envy, what do you mean wit adding a male beta to your tank? You mean to introduce him to the other fish? Doesn't sound like a good idea to me. If I remember correctly, you said you also have guppies in that tank? Betas are pretty aggressive with all fish, to male guppies especially becasue they see them as a rivals...
Also, for any others reading, betas are best kept in a bigger tank then in some big bowl or similar with a filter and heating. They can survive in a small bowl, the same as a human can survive in a 10x10feet big cell... They live longer in a bigger tank and their colours are much brighter.

To see a world in a Grain of Sand,
And a Heaven in a Wild Flower,
Hold Infinity in the palm of your hand,
And eternity in an hour.

More
13 years 3 months ago #29146 by necie1286
Replied by necie1286 on topic Re: Pets
Just to let everyone know Tribble is running around being herself and is back to normal. she has even gained back the weight she lost. i'm so glad she is better. my cat Callie turned five on Christmas and Goldie is going to be 11 on my birthday Dec 31th. we share it.

Time to create page: 0.374 seconds