Show Navigation Menu

Pets

More
13 years 4 months ago #28856 by Envy
Replied by Envy on topic Re: Pets
Ohh..He looks so sweet. :)

One fish which has been upside down for 3 days (but still alive) has miraculously started swimming upright..We're not sure why or how..He's either gotten better or a bacterial infection has spread to the point where he's tipped back the right way up..

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 years 4 months ago #28860 by black_magnolia
Replied by black_magnolia on topic Re: Pets
nwbevk wrote:

This is my new Finley, who I found out will be a year old on new years day.

Awww! So cute! :)

It's weird how many people here on the forum have birthdays on Jan 1st, now your dog is also in that club. ;) :silly:

To see a world in a Grain of Sand,
And a Heaven in a Wild Flower,
Hold Infinity in the palm of your hand,
And eternity in an hour.

More
13 years 4 months ago #28862 by Envy
The fry that my dying fish gave birth to in the big tank (before we separated her off and 5 survived from that lot) started to swim out and become more brave/stupid after a night or so in there with the bigger fish, so we decided it'd be easier to grab them now..Plus only the extremely healthy ones are left, as others must've been eaten. She gave birth to at least 15 in the big tank before we separated her off, and so far, we've caught a total of 7, with at least one more baby still in the big tank..Totalling 12 survivors and possibly 13 (which would be brilliant as it's a Chinese lucky number).

They're devilishly fast and extremely difficult to catch..Much faster than the fry which never have to survive against the big fish. Hoping that means they're more adapted to survive if it turns out they are born with parasites etc.

More
13 years 4 months ago #28866 by necie1286
Replied by necie1286 on topic Re: Pets
Awwwwwwwww he is sooooo cute. he looks very soft too.

More
13 years 4 months ago #28874 by nwbevk
Replied by nwbevk on topic Re: Pets
Envy- Good to here you've got survivors. Hope it stays that way. Best of luck with the turn of the year.

More
13 years 4 months ago #28889 by Envy
:( Feeling rather shite. My favourite fish died randomly, as mentioned before, I think..

Looked in the tank this morning and my pleco was dead. He didn't show any signs of illness as well..Grr. He was my favourite because he was like a little shark when it came to chomping through cucumber..And he loved hiding away in all the dark places in the tank, so all you could see was his little tail wiggling out of a crevice..Was hoping we'd have him until he reached a grand old age (they can reach a length of 30cm+, ours was just a baby at 5-6cm)..

So annoyed..I loved watching him. In the mornings, he'd get shy and dart to his hiding place the moment anyone came near, but at night, he'd happily come out and chomp on the cucumber we gave him..

For those who don't know what a pleco is - I'll stick a picture below.

Bah..He was such a unique fish in the tank.

Time to create page: 0.299 seconds