Show Navigation Menu

Pets

More
13 years 4 months ago #28736 by black_magnolia
Replied by black_magnolia on topic Re: Pets
Glad to hear your cat is feeling better, necie. :) I'd still keep an eye on her.
My cat got poisoned last summer and becasue we had very hot weather she was very lethargic to begin with so I didn't listen to the alarm bells ringing in my head, I just thought/hoped that she'll be better in the morning but she unfortunately wasn't... :(
Now, if something is wrong with my pets, even if it's just something minor, I got to the vet. Fortunately there is a vet in my neighbourhood. Example, I once saw my dog was kinda limping, he somehow just weirdly used his hind legs and was liking them constantly. I freaked and went with him to the vet. Our vets are great, unfortunately my pets don't all agree with that. :silly: They examined him very thoroughly and in the end it was just that he got resin stuck between his paws and couldn't clean them himself. I felt stupid because I didn't check myself, but well, in the end it was ok, so I was very relived. :)

To see a world in a Grain of Sand,
And a Heaven in a Wild Flower,
Hold Infinity in the palm of your hand,
And eternity in an hour.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 years 4 months ago #28748 by Morgana
Replied by Morgana on topic Re: Pets
black_magnolia, I think most vets are used to people panicking over their babies! And rightly so, since the little darlings won't tell us if something is wrong... if they could just speak up and say that they're just having a bad day, then they could save a trip or two to the vet. But better safe than sorry in any case.

necie, do post some pictures if you have them... I'd like to see your kitties.

More
13 years 4 months ago #28757 by necie1286
Replied by necie1286 on topic Re: Pets
i236.photobucket.com/albums/ff164/karayami-ryu/100_6389.jpg

there is my baby Tribble. i got her name from \"trouble with Tribbles\" from the Star Trek. it just hit me one day after we got her and her sister. mom walked into my room and she was on the floor and i was like \"Watch out for the Tribble\" and it stuck

i236.photobucket.com/albums/ff164/karayami-ryu/100_6386.jpg

This is Tinker Bell mom's baby. both of them are about the same size but Tinker is just a bit bigger then Tribble. but i like that. i love tiny cats and hope they stay about this size. we saved them from a home where the guy played drums super loud. they had a brother but we weren't able to take him too since our place is small and we also have another cat and a dog.

More
13 years 4 months ago #28759 by Envy
Replied by Envy on topic Re: Pets
Aww..They're so cute! ^.^

More
13 years 4 months ago #28761 by nwbevk
Replied by nwbevk on topic Re: Pets
It is better to be safe than sorry and visit a vet when in doubt. I work in a veterinary office, and we see all kinds. Sometimes the owners are paniced for nothing, sometimes they don't realize just how bad it is, and then it may become to late. And pets do get their own strains of common cold that they can get over on their own, thankfully. But if it happens again within the month, might want to consider having the kitties checked. (:

In other news, am Soooo excited. Will have my new welsh corgi puppy here in two days! (: (: Been waiting for two months for him to get a ride here. Oh the anticipation. ^__^

More
13 years 4 months ago #28776 by black_magnolia
Replied by black_magnolia on topic Re: Pets
@ necie: They're so cute! :) I had to double check the pictures becasue on first glance they look like the same cat. :silly:

@ nwbevk: I was considering getting a Corgi myself. Our past dogs had to be all kept in the garden/on the ranch becasue we have a lot of steps in the house and I didn't want to strain their hips unnecessary. Carrying them every time up and down wouldn't have been an option because of their size. (I had my hands full with our Sarplaninac when she was only 2 months, she weighted 50kg when she was 5 months old, so trying to carry her anywhere was utterly impossible). Sadly we don't have any Corgi breeders in my country... :(

To see a world in a Grain of Sand,
And a Heaven in a Wild Flower,
Hold Infinity in the palm of your hand,
And eternity in an hour.

Time to create page: 0.310 seconds