Show Navigation Menu

Pets

More
13 years 4 months ago #28471 by TSTR
Replied by TSTR on topic Re: Pets
R.I.P - Brachypelma Vagans L14.
Dogs - \"Gabi\" and \"Toudi\"

I wanna Maine Coon, Coral Snake, Pandius Imperator and Rottwailer ^^

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 years 4 months ago #28505 by black_magnolia
Replied by black_magnolia on topic Re: Pets
Envy wrote:

I feel pretty crap. I mentioned before that in Chinese culture, fish are the best pets because they take any misfortune for you..Well..

I've never been superstitious, but apparently, my whole tank of 15+ fish is set to die. There's a parasitic worm in there and the cure isn't available in England (outlawed due to something about it being used in cocaine production)..Additionally, the parasite takes about 4 months to be visible, so..The fish fry they gave birth to are likely to die as well. That's a total of over 45+ fish.

I've failed my driving test, had a strange and incessant stomach ache for the past 2 weeks and I have 6 exams coming up.

Maybe some greater being really hates me right now. Just maybe. :pinch:

I've read in one of my magic books that generally any of your pets soak up the bad energy/luck that is destined for you... :( During the last two years I had a lot of bad luck, so I had one of my dogs, four cats and my guinea-pig die one after another in just two months. :( I'm too sad having pets die so I decided I won't be getting new ones till my luck turns to the better...

To see a world in a Grain of Sand,
And a Heaven in a Wild Flower,
Hold Infinity in the palm of your hand,
And eternity in an hour.

More
13 years 4 months ago - 13 years 4 months ago #28516 by Envy
Replied by Envy on topic Re: Pets
Mm..My auntie in the US has offered to post us some more effective fish meds..

Our male swordtail died last night and I just woke up to the news that another swordtail has died. Annoying because they were the most expensive ones and we haven't owned them for that long. Owned one female long enough for her to have 9 baby swords, but they'll most definately be infected by now.

Just hoping that by the time the worms start showing (4 months) that the fry will be strong enough to take fish worming meds. At this stage, it's guaranteed death if we tried. Majority of the fry are all under 1cm long or so..And we have to keep using the water from the main tank when we change, because the fry wouldn't survive if we used fresh de-chlorinated water. :huh:
Last edit: 13 years 4 months ago by Envy.

More
13 years 4 months ago #28539 by nwbevk
Replied by nwbevk on topic Re: Pets
Don't know alot about fish, only had a couple carnival won gold fish once before, but they sound kinda complicated to keep. Or is that just because of the worm problem?? Sorry to hear you're having such a tough time with 'em lately.

More
13 years 4 months ago - 13 years 4 months ago #28544 by Envy
Replied by Envy on topic Re: Pets
Not sure about normal goldfish..My fish are tropical livebearers, so apparently they're prone to worm problems.

What makes it even more annoying is that the worms probably came on the plants we bought from the garden centre, which is also where the snails came from (snails can also carry worms, grr!). Makes me realise that it's probable that all the fish in that centre have worm problems, but because of how long they take to develop to be visible and how fast the fish get sold, people won't realise until the fish are on the brink of death. :angry:

Ordinarily, they'd be pretty easy to keep. Just like normal fish but with a heater and different food. They don't even require the heater, but they're prone to being lethargic if that's the case and it probably reduces their lifespan.
Last edit: 13 years 4 months ago by Envy.

More
13 years 4 months ago #28549 by metaller
Replied by metaller on topic Re: Pets
Envy... try this link
animal-world.com/encyclo/fresh/informati...0of%20Fish%20Disease

it may have something that can kill the worms.

Time to create page: 0.375 seconds