Show Navigation Menu

Pets

More
13 years 8 months ago #24856 by Kelaiah_
Replied by Kelaiah_ on topic Re:Pets
No, he's croatian mountain dog, or as we call it here - tornjak. They are considered to be one of the first domesticated dogs at all.

<3 You. / Don't tell God how big your storm is, tell the storm how big your God is.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 years 8 months ago #24857 by lionfield66@msn.com
Replied by lionfield66@msn.com on topic Re:Pets
i have a gorgeous cat called tigger whos white and ginger and he dont go out.
He is my forth baby, he gives kisses and paws and hes such a sweetie!!

More
13 years 8 months ago - 13 years 8 months ago #24869 by black_magnolia
Replied by black_magnolia on topic Re:Pets
Ah, I was just about going to ask if he is a Tornjak! :silly: Seems like the breed is getting more popular in the last years. We were debating between a Šarplaninac and a Tornjak for our sheep, but there weren't any Tornjak litters at that time so we got a Šarplaninac. I'm a bit sorry we had to give up the dogs when we sold the sheep, but they went with the heard. They are the most happy doing what they were bread to do. :)

To see a world in a Grain of Sand,
And a Heaven in a Wild Flower,
Hold Infinity in the palm of your hand,
And eternity in an hour.
Last edit: 13 years 8 months ago by black_magnolia.

More
13 years 8 months ago - 13 years 8 months ago #24885 by Envy
Replied by Envy on topic Re:Pets
Kelaiah_ wrote:

No, he's croatian mountain dog, or as we call it here - tornjak. They are considered to be one of the first domesticated dogs at all.

Ah..Interesting. ^.^ I hadn't thought of that possibility. I just see black and white and presume 'border collie' as collies are pretty common here.
Last edit: 13 years 8 months ago by Envy.

More
13 years 8 months ago #24917 by Morgana
Replied by Morgana on topic Re:Pets
Kelaiah... I figured he was a collie of some type as well, especially since I've never heard of that breed here in Canada. Good that he's not too friendly with strangers though!

black_magnolia... too bad about your dogs. I guess it makes sense that they went with the sheep though, since they were used to working with that particular herd. Probably easier for the new owner, anyway.

More
13 years 6 months ago #26683 by Envy
Replied by Envy on topic Re: Pets
:blink: Snails have mysteriously started to appear in our fish tank. They're 'appearing' pretty damn rapidly too..Plus the two biggest ones have just been caught mating.

:woohoo: No idea what to do now. My mother said that they're difficult to get rid of once they appear.

Time to create page: 0.298 seconds