Show Navigation Menu

Pets

More
13 years 8 months ago #23965 by Envy
Replied by Envy on topic Re:Pets
black_magnolia wrote:

Envy wrote:

Does anyone have advice/experience owning tropical/saltwater fish?

Curious about owning them myself one day, but I heard that getting salt levels right can be a real pain and that a change of tank water can wipe them all out because of the salt levels. :blink:

Tropical salt-water fish are something for people that have a lot of experience with keeping aquariums. Not only do you have to think about the salt levels, but also about money. Tropical salt-water fish are a lot more expensive then fresh-water ones and the whole equipment for their tank is pretty expensive. You also need a pretty big tank for them to start with...
If you are a total beginner with keeping fish, then it's best to start with a cold fresh-water aquarium then go to the tropical one and then when you're experienced enough go to the sat-water one.

Hmm okay..We've owned cold freshwater fish before and my mother wanted something more interesting (supposedly owning fish is good luck in Chinese culture). My aunt used to have tropical fish, but it was my grandfather who maintained them, so after he died, the fish didn't last. :huh:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 years 8 months ago #24314 by ondespumeggianti
Replied by ondespumeggianti on topic Re:Pets
I had a little red fish when I was a child!:D
but he jumps upon the fishpond!really he jumped..XD
pooor my little fish..at the end one day he died, i found him out of the fishpound
quite sad
i haven't any pet now
i would like to have a cat!!:D
i looove cats!

More
13 years 8 months ago #24318 by Envy
Replied by Envy on topic Re:Pets
:laugh: I had a large shubunkin fish which would jump out of its tank if we left the lid off..Haha..It was awful when changing the water (we didn't have a filter and had to do it by hand)..He'd leap out onto the floor and it was quite a drop..

He lived for a long time anyway, surprisingly.

More
13 years 8 months ago #24331 by cemwerewolf
Replied by cemwerewolf on topic Re:Pets
Oddly enough my husband and I have issues with jumping fish as well! We have a couple of ala sharks that keep jumping out of the water and smacking into the tank lid. Fortunately they're tough little buggers and no one has gotten injured yet.

More
13 years 8 months ago #24332 by ondespumeggianti
Replied by ondespumeggianti on topic Re:Pets
to Envy
lol
my poor fish!:DD
so your fish jumped too!!haha
lol..i changed water by hand too, maybe that was the problem!:D
i found my fish i think 5-6 times out of the tank..XD
great jumper!:D

More
13 years 8 months ago #24823 by Kelaiah_
Replied by Kelaiah_ on topic Re:Pets
This is my \"little\" dog called Pluto ^^

[IMG

<3 You. / Don't tell God how big your storm is, tell the storm how big your God is.

Time to create page: 0.321 seconds