Show Navigation Menu

Pets

More
14 years 2 months ago #16482 by scootiebee
Replied by scootiebee on topic Re:Pets
I have a great backyard, a huge lake across the street from my house, and woods all around. We get a lot of wildlife. But your kitties are cute! And I was attacked by ducks when I was little. The hospital where my sister was born had a pond outside, and my grandparents took me there to feed the ducks while they went in to visit my mother (I wasn't allowed because I wasn't even 2 yet). There are pictures of me being overrun by about 50 ducks, all taller than me. Apparently I feared them for a while after that, but I don't mind them now.

We see a lot of wildlife around here, and for that I am grateful, but yesterday, the idea of our lake kind of soured for me. They found a dead man stuck up against the dam that creates our lake, and can't get him out. He is stuck in the dam's spillway. I hope they got him out by now. Ugh. Really upsetting.

Nothing to see here, move along folks.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 years 2 months ago #16693 by Poledra1a
Replied by Poledra1a on topic Re:Pets
O_0 Hmm... that is really quite disturbing for you and I can understand how that would be upsetting!! Mind if I ask HOW this man ended up in the dam?

I live near a small but deep volcanic lake and I havent ever heard of anyone drowning in it or anything. Mind you it is the towns water supply...

We currently have a murder case being tried here which is causing quite a stir. Not many people get murdered around here - fair amount of suicides and car accidents cause of the long distances and shitty roads (and stupid Victorians not knowing how to do 110km/hr - slow pokes :p).

Yeah I think ducks are best eaten and not poked :) although they are SUPER cute one of my ex's got pooed on by a couple of ducks in the city a few years back and we didnt notice until we'd gotten to the main shopping strip... lolz... so gross... splattered right across the front of his jumper. Needless to say that day we bought several new jumpers for him :) I have a friend a few k's down the road who was given twenty ducks to raise... by given I mean that her partner came home with a box full of eggs and a big red light and said \"look what Ive got honey\"... she doesnt appreciate it cause the first few days they have to live in a box in the lounge room and they kind of smell and make lots of chatter lol...

Consistency is the last refuge of the unimaginative.

More
14 years 2 months ago #16786 by scootiebee
Replied by scootiebee on topic Re:Pets
They identified the man, who lives near here, but they don't know how he ended up in the water. Disturbing, but that's the first death I have heard of here, so I am not that worried.

Unfortunately, with the weather warming up, a lot of people are letting their pets out unsupervised again, which is so dangerous. We have seen a lot of pets on the roads getting hit since the weather warmed up. :(

Nothing to see here, move along folks.

More
14 years 2 months ago #16817 by Envy
Replied by Envy on topic Re:Pets
I've never seen black swans before. :P They're all white around here.

I love the pictures of your cats, Poledra1a!

There've been a fair few deaths in the lake just a few roads from my house..It's quite uncomfortable. Two were accidental, during the icy period we had, and the most recent one was an elderly lady who had suicidal tendancies and succeeded this time around.

More
14 years 2 months ago #16826 by black_magnolia
Replied by black_magnolia on topic Re:Pets
Envy wrote:

I've never seen black swans before. :P They're all white around here.

If you're going to study at Cambridge you're surely going to see them on the river Cem. I saw them there and could get really close to one. Beautiful creatures. :)

To see a world in a Grain of Sand,
And a Heaven in a Wild Flower,
Hold Infinity in the palm of your hand,
And eternity in an hour.

More
14 years 2 months ago #16831 by SkieShauphen
Replied by SkieShauphen on topic Re:Pets
I'm starting to get a little depressed lately. In two months I will have to give my kittens up. It's for the better good, but still, I'm already starting to miss them. Has anyone had to give up a pet so it can have a better life or so you can have a better life?

Meaning comes from within.

Time to create page: 0.312 seconds