Show Navigation Menu

Pets

More
11 years 3 months ago #39082 by jazzmonster
Replied by jazzmonster on topic Re: Pets
I just got a new puppy! Her name is Storm :) she is a border collie and she is absolutely beautiful! I also have 2 lovely cats named Mona and Zeus

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 years 1 month ago #39197 by Miruna
Replied by Miruna on topic Re: Pets
I want a squirrel :kiss:

More
10 years 10 months ago #39422 by DarkFlights
Replied by DarkFlights on topic Re: Pets
I'm hoping that I don't lose any more of my tarantulas, two recently died but the young ones are going strong, one moulted a couple of days ago and left me with a beautiful exuvium (moulted skin), a perfect replica of its body. One of my cats got hold of a moulted spider skin once and decided to shred it, thankfully the urticating hairs didn't seem to do any harm to the puss, but now I keep all moulted skins away from the three feline terrors!

More
10 years 10 months ago #39424 by black_magnolia
Replied by black_magnolia on topic Re: Pets
DarkFlights wrote:

I'm hoping that I don't lose any more of my tarantulas, two recently died but the young ones are going strong, one moulted a couple of days ago and left me with a beautiful exuvium (moulted skin), a perfect replica of its body. One of my cats got hold of a moulted spider skin once and decided to shred it, thankfully the urticating hairs didn't seem to do any harm to the puss, but now I keep all moulted skins away from the three feline terrors!

Tarantulas sound like cool pets. :) I thought about keeping them too, but kinda gave up on that idea as my folks at home weren't happy about that idea at all... :silly:

To see a world in a Grain of Sand,
And a Heaven in a Wild Flower,
Hold Infinity in the palm of your hand,
And eternity in an hour.

More
10 years 10 months ago #39427 by DarkFlights
Replied by DarkFlights on topic Re: Pets
Honestly, they're great, the most low-maintenance pets you could possibly have, once you have the conditions set up right for them. Particularly species like the Chile Rose or Honduran Curly-Haired tarantulas, they're usually rather placid and don't do much - not for the faint-hearted when it comes to feeding time though, as they have to have live insect prey. I got my first one to get over a fear of spiders, and it definitely helped. :)

More
10 years 10 months ago - 10 years 10 months ago #39432 by cemwerewolf
Replied by cemwerewolf on topic Re: Pets
Just added three new members to the family

The cat seems to be taking it all in stride . . .
Attachments:
Last edit: 10 years 10 months ago by cemwerewolf.

Time to create page: 0.295 seconds