Show Navigation Menu

Holidays

More
14 years 5 months ago #8594 by Envy
Replied by Envy on topic Re:Holidays
AcroCake wrote:

When I was younger, I used to always go to North Wales because I live in the UK and my family can't really afford expensive holidays :3
It's a beautiful place, nonetheless.

I ADORE North Wales! Have you tried climbing Snowdon? It's breathtaking.

I have to say I love scenic places with lots of woodland and not too much sunshine, hot weather or busy beaches. I prefer the quiet, secluded beaches and clifftops (which can also be found in North Wales).

In the Peak District, you can trek through lots of woodland as well, which I love. Generally my family and I take walks whenever we go on holiday. You get to see a great deal more by walking to places and it helps you keep fit. :P

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 years 5 months ago #8608 by Thurysaz
Replied by Thurysaz on topic Re:Holidays
I never go on holiday.
To be quite frankly travel do not interest me.

Mes hommages.

T.

More
14 years 5 months ago #8634 by AcroCake
Replied by AcroCake on topic Re:Holidays
Envy wrote:

I've never climbed Snowdon... I took the train! :woohoo:
I also like the Great Orme in Llandudno. Rhyll is nice too :)

More
14 years 5 months ago #8636 by Morgana
Replied by Morgana on topic Re:Holidays
AcroCake wrote:

Envy wrote:

I also like the Great Orme in Llandudno. Rhyll is nice too :)

I went to Rhyll once, about 10 years ago.. it was a really nice little place. We were there for about 10 days, and also went to Conwy Castle, which was quite nearby if I remember correctly.

More
14 years 5 months ago #8637 by Envy
Replied by Envy on topic Re:Holidays
AcroCake wrote:

:P Haha! We took the train on a misty day and the loudspeaker-talky-thing mentioned that if you got stranded at the top, it was a 2 hour walk down? We couldn't see ANYTHING amongst the mist and my dad and I thought: GREAT! We should walk down! Mum and brother wouldn't have any of it - So we started from scratch at the base of the mountain the next day, a sunny day, dragging the two with us.

It took us 6 hours there and back but it was *so* worth it! :laugh: You should do it.

More
14 years 5 months ago #8638 by AcroCake
Replied by AcroCake on topic Re:Holidays
Morgana wrote:

I went to Rhyll once, about 10 years ago.. it was a really nice little place. We were there for about 10 days, and also went to Conwy Castle, which was quite nearby if I remember correctly.

There's a nice swimming centre in Rhyll called the SunCentre. It has a monorail on the ceiling!... \"Sky-rail\"?
They recently (a few years ago) got two large slides: 300ft and 200ft and they also have a wave machine :lol:

If anyone is going to Rhyll for a holiday, I recommend it highly.

N.B. I just Googled \"Rhyll\" and 'Rhyll is a small fishing town on Phillip Island in Victoria, Australia.'
Our nice Welsh town is spelt \"Rhyl\", Oops :blush:

Time to create page: 0.267 seconds