Show Navigation Menu

Holidays

More
14 years 5 months ago #8639 by AcroCake
Replied by AcroCake on topic Re:Holidays
Envy wrote:

:P Haha! We took the train on a misty day and the loudspeaker-talky-thing mentioned that if you got stranded at the top, it was a 2 hour walk down? We couldn't see ANYTHING amongst the mist and my dad and I thought: GREAT! We should walk down! Mum and brother wouldn't have any of it - So we started from scratch at the base of the mountain the next day, a sunny day, dragging the two with us.

It took us 6 hours there and back but it was *so* worth it! :laugh: You should do it.

Hehehe!
I remember the loudspeaker-talky-thing :)
\"People often ask how many times tourists fall off Snowdon. The answer is normally just the once.\" :woohoo:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 years 5 months ago #8667 by Envy
Replied by Envy on topic Re:Holidays
AcroCake wrote:

\"People often ask how many times tourists fall off Snowdon. The answer is normally just the once.\" :woohoo:

Funnily enough, I think someone fell when we were climbing Snowdon. :unsure: There was a large helicopter extremely low near one of the other paths up to the top. The path we chose was the longest and is the one that the train roughly follows - There's an unexpected muddy, rocky, extremely steep part of the mountain hidden from the train's view. :angry: We had no idea until we met it. It was practically a 45 degree angle slope and due to the rocks - Even people who came prepared would find themselves slipping. :huh:

One thing that bothered me about being in a different country was the fact I couldn't understand the language, though..There was one point where a bunch of Welsh 'gangsters' drove past and yelled something at me..But it was in Welsh so I didn't understand a word. :P Probably for the best in that case.

More
14 years 5 months ago #8775 by AcroCake
Replied by AcroCake on topic Re:Holidays
Envy wrote:

One thing that bothered me about being in a different country was the fact I couldn't understand the language, though..There was one point where a bunch of Welsh 'gangsters' drove past and yelled something at me..But it was in Welsh so I didn't understand a word. :P Probably for the best in that case.

Hehe, one of the times that I went to Wales with my family, we were sat in the car, and a guy walked past and said something like \"Nazkhaa!\".. It doesn't sound very Welsh though :unsure:

More
14 years 5 months ago #8793 by Envy
Replied by Envy on topic Re:Holidays
Gah...

Nearing the end of our car journey to Wales and throughout our stay there, I had my younger brother in the car trying to say everything in Welsh on the bilingual signs. The torment...

Not only had he gotten a lot of the pronounciation wrong (I have a Welsh friend which has enabled me to learn the basics of pronounciation, not that I could understand what I was saying), but he sounded like a strangled chicken beside me on the long, long, long journeys.

Holidays. *Rolls eyes*

Time to create page: 0.256 seconds