Show Navigation Menu

Roses

More
14 years 2 months ago #15790 by black_magnolia
Replied by black_magnolia on topic Re:Roses
Envy wrote:

How did you all come across roses you liked and their names? I tried searching online (whilst imagining my future garden) and it was extremely difficult to find different types of roses to choose from.

My dad knows a lot about plants and he also has a lot of books on gardening, so I ask him or I look it up myself in one of his books...

To see a world in a Grain of Sand,
And a Heaven in a Wild Flower,
Hold Infinity in the palm of your hand,
And eternity in an hour.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 years 2 months ago #15798 by scootiebee
Replied by scootiebee on topic Re:Roses
I usually look them up from a flower distributor, like Jackson and Perkins. They have a substantial online catalog, and you can search through different varieties by color, type, etc. www.jacksonandperkins.com/gardening/GP/page1/page1

Nothing to see here, move along folks.

More
14 years 2 months ago #15831 by Envy
Replied by Envy on topic Re:Roses
scootiebee wrote:

I usually look them up from a flower distributor, like Jackson and Perkins. They have a substantial online catalog, and you can search through different varieties by color, type, etc. www.jacksonandperkins.com/gardening/GP/page1/page1

Thanks! :)

I guess I'll get searching for ones I like.

More
14 years 2 months ago #15856 by knumpcy
Replied by knumpcy on topic Re:Roses
Envy wrote:

cemwerewolf wrote:

scootiebee wrote:

I know it isn't a rose, but I like black flowers, and this is my favorite:

The Queen of Night tulip:

I had them planted in my yard, but the deer keep eating them...

That's what I planted in my garden this past fall. I can't wait for them to come up in the spring!

Those are incredible! I'm going out looking for some now...They're so pretty. ^^

Here are some links in the US to buy them
nga-gardenshop.stores.yahoo.net/31-2110.html
www.tulipworld.com/discount-flower-bulbs...-night-20-bulbs.html

then these are amazing as well:

I became insane with long intervals of horrible sanity

More
14 years 1 month ago #15880 by Morgana
Replied by Morgana on topic Re:Roses
Envy wrote:

How did you all come across roses you liked and their names? I tried searching online (whilst imagining my future garden) and it was extremely difficult to find different types of roses to choose from.

You could try browsing around a garden center, so you can see in person what the flowers look like, and of course what they smell like as well.

In Canada, most of the big grocery and home improvment stores have \"garden centers\" from about May until July. But the selection tends to be pretty poor, and what they do have is not usually in the best of condition. You'd be better off to go to an actual year-round garden center, where the staff would be able to answer questions and give recommendations.

More
14 years 1 month ago #15902 by scootiebee
Replied by scootiebee on topic Re:Roses
I have never seen black calla lillies before! I wonder if they are just as easy to grow as the white ones? I used to have a white one, but it didn't survive moving from our last house (it fell over in the moving truck)

Nothing to see here, move along folks.

Time to create page: 0.297 seconds