Show Navigation Menu

Tattoos, piercings, body art...

More
14 years 3 months ago #14157 by Morgana
Very nice, cemwerewolf! Was it inspired by the nursery rhyme? That was the first thing I thought when I saw it.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 years 3 months ago #14162 by Envy
Morgana wrote:

Very nice, cemwerewolf! Was it inspired by the nursery rhyme? That was the first thing I thought when I saw it.

Yes! That's what I thought! It's really annoying me as I can't remember which nursery rhyme I think it's from! :P I'm not as daring as to get a tattoo.. A transmutation circle does sound interesting though...

More
14 years 3 months ago #14182 by scootiebee
Hickory Dickory Dock
The Mouse ran up the clock
The clock struck one, the mouse ran down
Hickory Dickory Dock!

Sorry, I have a kid. Had a refresher course in nursery rhymes. I love it! Since I have 4 tattoos now, I have to get another soon. I don't like having an even number. Strange, right?

I don't think you will cry, Zenith. I never cried getting my tattoos, but I once sat for over 3 hours without a break having my back done, and when he got down over my kidneys I started whistling like an angry teakettle. But no tears! :)

Nothing to see here, move along folks.

More
14 years 3 months ago #14188 by cemwerewolf
Well, as you all know I absolutely adore mice. I got a baby mouse done on my shoulder two and a half years ago and really wanted to have more on me so the idea grew from there. I love nursery rhymes and fairy tales so it only seemed natural to go with something along that line (though you'll notice that there's more than one mouse and it's already one o'clock and they're not going anywhere so I didn't strictly adhere to the rhyme! :) ). I came up with the idea but it was my tattoo artist's wife who drew it as we've become good friends and this sort of thing is right up her alley.

I was at the shop from 1:30pm until nearly 6:00pm. I brought the lovely folks some lunch and we took breaks every once in awhile so in the end I was really only inked for about 3 hours. And yes, it did hurt! Some areas hurt more than others however. The fleshier parts of the body hurt less then boney parts like shins and ankles. I have never cried during a tattoo to this date but I did cry after I got the tattoo done on my lower back when I tried to sit down in my car to drive home! Everyone takes it differently.

I will warn anyone thinking of getting a tattoo that they can be seriously addictive! I was already talking about what I wanted to get next before I left the shop. I'm even looking forward to my touch up in two weeks . . .

More
14 years 3 months ago #14191 by scootiebee
Same thing happens to me. When I got my last tattoo, I was discussing the next one with the artist. How great is that? Just need to get the time and money to go sit again! Hopefully before she moves out of state, which she plans to do next summer when her husband gets out of the Navy.

Nothing to see here, move along folks.

More
14 years 3 months ago #14228 by CorpseQueen
I've had 'plans' to change my whole body with tattoos and different things... got one going on now, in my head, a poem by... someone... Butler, I believe. 'Aedh whishes for the clothes of heaven', and it's going on my hip, right one actually. But my boy and a friend want me to think it over for a year or two... half a year has passed now at least.
Got another poem I wanna place somewhere intimate as well... just gotta remember the name, as I'm mostly thinking about the first one. Also had thoughts of a crow over my lower ribs or such... not as a first one tho, it would hurt a lot from what I've heard.

And then there's the thought of covering everything else in something (I don't know why) green leopard-dots. But that's mostly just dreaming... me, all green?

My beauty is not the shape of the body,
but the voices in you mind;
the thoughts you can't live without

Time to create page: 0.372 seconds