Show Navigation Menu

Ebay

More
13 years 10 months ago #22671 by black_magnolia
Replied by black_magnolia on topic Re:Ebay
Envy wrote:

Oh no no! Never bid early! The earlier you bid, the higher the end price becomes, so always wait until the end to keep the overall price the lowest. I recall a cheeky seller trying to encourage buyers to \"bid early, bid often and bid high\" in an item description. This is exactly what they want, because it means they get more money at the end of the auction. Early bidders really annoy me because of that, because most of them will be beaten by someone who's lurked until the last second to bid, resulting in the higher end price due to the early bid. Bidding early can also encourage other watchers to jump in which further pushes up the price, especially if the item doesn't even end for several days.

So yeah, that might help you with winning some auctions and getting better deals.

The model has very strange makeup though. ..*Giggle*..

Well, either method I try doesn't work, but I must say that I'm very penny-pinching when it comes to ebay auctions. I generally find how much would a brand new item cost and subtract 50% (less if I really want the item and know that it's hard to find) from that price minus the shipping costs so I mostly stop bidding a long time before the end bid. XD It's mostly due to the shipping costs that make ebay so annoying to me. It's usually just one item and the shipping goes from 4 to 8 pounds, mostly depending on the seller, add the customs I have to pay for that, so in the end it's safer and even can get cheaper to just buy from a normal online shop you know is good. That's my case at least. I would probably have more luck with the auctions if I knew that I didn't have to pay higher shipping and then the customs...

To see a world in a Grain of Sand,
And a Heaven in a Wild Flower,
Hold Infinity in the palm of your hand,
And eternity in an hour.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 years 10 months ago #22676 by Kuroboshi
Replied by Kuroboshi on topic Re:Ebay
Safe to put this link now.

cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem...geName=STRK:MEWAX:IT

As soon as I was given this link, I wanted it. True, it varies from the original (a quartz has been put in instead) but I can get that switched back if I want, probably won't.

I'll need to get some self-control when it comes to Alchemy Gothic products on eBay...

More
13 years 10 months ago #22679 by black_magnolia
Kuroboshi wrote:

Safe to put this link now.

cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem...geName=STRK:MEWAX:IT

As soon as I was given this link, I wanted it. True, it varies from the original (a quartz has been put in instead) but I can get that switched back if I want, probably won't.

I'll need to get some self-control when it comes to Alchemy Gothic products on eBay...

I've seen that auction, the pendant is called \"Sigurds Serpent\" here's a bit about the background , but I'm not that much a fan of swords. I only got the Apocalypse sword pendant because it's not the usual type sword you see around the market and it's not that easy to notice if you don't really look at it...

Also, a very good price you got for such a rare and in good condition pendant. In your place, I also wouldn't change the stone. I think it's better to have a real stone then some artificial crystal, and getting such a thing changed means just more expenses.

And eternity in an hour.

More
13 years 10 months ago #22680 by Kuroboshi
Only reason I'd have for switching is if it somehow got me a higher price if I was to ever sell it, though the slight damage caused by the process of switching the gem (tiny tooling marks on the clasps on the gem, not visible on the photo) might hurt the cost a little.

Original stone is black plastic though, which after seeing the quartz one just looks worse. Was actually surprised that I was the only bidder, I was thinking some other person would have seen it and would have attempted to get it. When I bidded, it had 1 minute left.

More
13 years 10 months ago #22682 by black_magnolia
Kuroboshi wrote:

Only reason I'd have for switching is if it somehow got me a higher price if I was to ever sell it, though the slight damage caused by the process of switching the gem (tiny tooling marks on the clasps on the gem, not visible on the photo) might hurt the cost a little.

Original stone is black plastic though, which after seeing the quartz one just looks worse. Was actually surprised that I was the only bidder, I was thinking some other person would have seen it and would have attempted to get it. When I bidded, it had 1 minute left.

Ah, I didn't think about that, some collector will surely rather have an intact pendant then some that was fiddled with...
From what I've seen on ebay, the very old Alchemy items don't sell so well, even in lots, because I assume people like the newer stuff more and don't even recognise any of the old items or they just think the seller put alchemy just as a tag...

And eternity in an hour.

More
13 years 10 months ago #22685 by Kuroboshi
I always assumed that older Alchemy items would always go for more on eBay, especially with ones from back in the early 90s would go for more simply for the fact you could say you owned it, or as a collection item.

Think that having Alchemy as just a tag would be easy to fake, though when it comes to older pieces, those looking for them would generally know what they look like.

Time to create page: 0.279 seconds