Show Navigation Menu

Ebay

More
14 years 5 months ago #8191 by vampirelycanthrope13
Replied by vampirelycanthrope13 on topic Re:Ebay
I prefer amazon. There's less selection than ebay, but I find it more trustworthy and cheaper than buying stuff at most shops.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 years 5 months ago #8196 by SkieShauphen
Replied by SkieShauphen on topic Re:Ebay
Yes, Amazon has quite a few deals that are cheaper but that's why I check there first before hitting ebay.

Meaning comes from within.

More
13 years 10 months ago - 13 years 10 months ago #22632 by black_magnolia
Replied by black_magnolia on topic Re:Ebay
Dear ladies and gents, I assume that nobody checks ebay everyday, but I've been too nervous to sleep because of my exam results so I've been surfing a bit around and found a nice auction I thought I would share with you. Personally, I have two of the items and the rest don't interest me that much, so I'm not bidding.

Shipping is worldwide and the seller has a 100% rating.

The items in the auction are:
\"Tha Hampton Oriel\" choker
\"Morticia\" necklace
\"St. Lorenz Kruez\" pendant
what looks to me as the \"Matins Cross\" pendant
\"In Nomini Patrie\" bracelet
\"Mircalla\" Bracelet

and the price is now somewhere around 7 pounds...

cgi.ebay.co.uk/Alchemy-gothic-mixed-bund...ellery-/320554365672

Wish you luck if you do bid on the auction! :)

To see a world in a Grain of Sand,
And a Heaven in a Wild Flower,
Hold Infinity in the palm of your hand,
And eternity in an hour.
Last edit: 13 years 10 months ago by black_magnolia.

More
13 years 10 months ago #22633 by Envy
Replied by Envy on topic Re:Ebay
Argh..I was watching that one. I do actually go on eBay quite often and was hoping a bundle like that was to go unnoticed. Alas it was not to be.

Very annoyed earlier anyway..

I bid quite late on a top and as a result, a worn-once 70 GBP jacket went for only 12 GBP. Extremely pissed off at that.

More
13 years 10 months ago #22634 by black_magnolia
Replied by black_magnolia on topic Re:Ebay
Envy wrote:

Argh..I was watching that one. I do actually go on eBay quite often and was hoping a bundle like that was to go unnoticed. Alas it was not to be.

Very annoyed earlier anyway..

I bid quite late on a top and as a result, a worn-once 70 GBP jacket went for only 12 GBP. Extremely pissed off at that.

I can delete my post if you want to, it's not a problem.
I also always wish that my watched auction doesn't get noticed but usually with these lots I don't have any luck.
I generally bid early and if it's something I really want then I put my highest bid and cross my fingers that I won't get overbid. So far no luck.
I was once watching a big lot over at the US ebay that had some 20 pieces of alchemy and the starting bid was just 100 dollars when the total worth of the lot was 850$ and all items were new. That auction ended at 250$, but I couldn't go further then 150$ because the shipping costs were astronomical...

To see a world in a Grain of Sand,
And a Heaven in a Wild Flower,
Hold Infinity in the palm of your hand,
And eternity in an hour.

More
13 years 10 months ago - 13 years 10 months ago #22652 by Envy
Replied by Envy on topic Re:Ebay
black_magnolia wrote:

I can delete my post if you want to, it's not a problem.
I also always wish that my watched auction doesn't get noticed but usually with these lots I don't have any luck.
I generally bid early and if it's something I really want then I put my highest bid and cross my fingers that I won't get overbid. So far no luck.
I was once watching a big lot over at the US ebay that had some 20 pieces of alchemy and the starting bid was just 100 dollars when the total worth of the lot was 850$ and all items were new. That auction ended at 250$, but I couldn't go further then 150$ because the shipping costs were astronomical...

Oh no no! Never bid early! The earlier you bid, the higher the end price becomes, so always wait until the end to keep the overall price the lowest. I recall a cheeky seller trying to encourage buyers to \"bid early, bid often and bid high\" in an item description. This is exactly what they want, because it means they get more money at the end of the auction. Early bidders really annoy me because of that, because most of them will be beaten by someone who's lurked until the last second to bid, resulting in the higher end price due to the early bid. Bidding early can also encourage other watchers to jump in which further pushes up the price, especially if the item doesn't even end for several days.

So yeah, that might help you with winning some auctions and getting better deals.

It's fine to leave the post up, I think I'll save my money for my London trip and other dresses I want anyway.

Still so very, very annoyed at missing that jacket though..:( I'll try and find the picture..It was so very adorable..

The model has very strange makeup though. ..*Giggle*..
Last edit: 13 years 10 months ago by Envy.

Time to create page: 0.282 seconds