Show Navigation Menu

home decorating!

More
14 years 9 months ago #424 by janelle hell
What would you buy to decorate your home with, if price were not a consideration? Me, I've been in lurve with this bed for awhile now:

Unfortunately, I don't have a spare $12,000 + to spend one one item of furniture. So, what would you buy if you had an unlimited decorating budget?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 years 9 months ago - 14 years 9 months ago #426 by Aftermidnight
Replied by Aftermidnight on topic Re:home decorating!
I would have to have a four-poster bed, they are so romantic. Of course, I won't stop at simply decorating the house... As an aspiring architect I intend to design my own...
Below is a pic of my room. There is a matching gravestone on the opposite wall...
Ok I can't get it show up. Let's try again...
Nope, sorry. But y'know , the power of imagination is a wonderful thing. Let's all give it a go...

Ha! Got it working. A lot more proud than I should be.
Attachments:
Last edit: 14 years 9 months ago by Aftermidnight.

More
14 years 9 months ago #427 by cemwerewolf
Replied by cemwerewolf on topic Re:home decorating!
I just so happen to have a magnificent little antigue shop just around the corner from my place. It's a haven for things like cast iron ravens, old candelabras and ancient secretary desks that look like they came out of somebody's lair. I'm a regular there. But, unfortunately, there are a couple of items I have neither the budget nor the space for that I drool over on a weekly basis. A grandiose looking oak dining table with claw feet and matching chairs and an old world wrought iron chandelier. Together they'd cost me about 6 grand.

In the meantime, I'll have to content myself with a plethora of garden and graveyard statuary scattered about the house in well chosen places. It helps to have relatives in the memorial services.

More
14 years 9 months ago #429 by janelle hell
Replied by janelle hell on topic Re:home decorating!
The shelf set up is lovely! I really like the skeleton hand wine glasses!

More
14 years 9 months ago #430 by janelle hell
Replied by janelle hell on topic Re:home decorating!
Aren't antique shops great? I worked in an antiques shop as a teenager; it was always amzing seeing all the things that came in. Graveyard statuary?!? You must post pictures!

More
14 years 9 months ago #435 by cemwerewolf
Replied by cemwerewolf on topic Re:home decorating!
I'd love to put up some pictures but, regretably, the camera has had a kitten accident like so many things in my house. Hopefully it can be mended however. But, on the plus side, the cat's really useful in helping me to give things that dilapidated and worn look that I love so much in my decorating.

Time to create page: 0.283 seconds