Show Navigation Menu

Death Penalty

More
14 years 7 months ago #4091 by Zenith
Death Penalty was created by Zenith
Ok, this is an issue which gives me mixed feelings so I really want to know what you think about it...what is your opinion on the death penalty? Is it practiced in your country?

the thread of life lies severed on the brink of paradise.. .

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 years 7 months ago #4094 by Kelaiah_
Replied by Kelaiah_ on topic Re:Death Penalty
We don't practice it in Croatia. And I think there shouldn't be such a thing as death penalty. I believe everyone deserves to live.

<3 You. / Don't tell God how big your storm is, tell the storm how big your God is.

More
14 years 7 months ago #4121 by morphea3107
Replied by morphea3107 on topic Re:Death Penalty
the death penalty ....hmm...nice one zenith..
yeah well, i support the death penalty and it definetly should be practiced more often .
a writer ( i can't remember the name now) said : \" by not enforcing the death penalty the law and the whole penal system can be best compared to a scarecrow in a field of corn . if it just sits there permanently , not moving or acting one bit , the crows get wind of that and they start ignoring it completely.\"

More
14 years 7 months ago #4144 by CorpseQueen
Replied by CorpseQueen on topic Re:Death Penalty
The worst you can get in Sweden is lifetime - meaning 45years. Which proably no one does fully, as you can get a 50% reduction of your time if you're acting good. Bullshit, I believe.

I'm defenately for the death penalty. Sure, it's awfull when you kill an innocent, but why let people that have murdered and raped go free? I don't see the point. Take one life - save many.

And the point about the growing human population. If we're gonna continue care for every individual in the whole vide world, this wont last. We've already used up the worlds reasourches for this year, and going on reserves. What if we continue growing by 1-2-10% each year? What will a few human lives matter then, when there's no room for people to live, and no place to grow crops or let animals live wild...

My beauty is not the shape of the body,
but the voices in you mind;
the thoughts you can't live without

More
14 years 7 months ago #4146 by Morgana
Replied by Morgana on topic Re:Death Penalty
I absolutely agree with the death penalty, in certain specific circumstances, such as mass murderers, or serial killers. When there is no shadow of doubt whatsoever, such as when killers videotape themselves in the act. I see no reason why Paul Bernardo and Karla Homolka should continue to draw breath. But sadly, Canada doesn't have the death penalty. Perhaps they could be given over to the families of their victims instead...

More
14 years 7 months ago #4164 by Zenith
Replied by Zenith on topic Re:Death Penalty
I agree with you Kelaiah_ on the fact that everybody has the right to live, yet what about those who have themselves claimed many lives for no reason? I'm totally against violence, against killing. I can't even kill a moth (mosquitoes gladly!) but when it comes to human life I become sensitive... And yeah, well said Morgana, that Homolka woman really deserved to fry for what she did, because she was not only an accomplice to her husband, but involved in the death of innocent young girls; that makes her a murderer too. I've been pondering a lot, and on the one hand I am definately for the death penalty and on the other I can't fully support it. It so unfair that people like Ridgway get away with so many murders, and a murder is not just a statistic or a word, it's the brutal cessation of a human life, and we all hold life very dear, no matter how we live it. If there is one thing I can understand that's crimes of passion. Somebody who has killed an infidel spouse or whatever is not as condemnable to me (of course I do think it's something terribly wrong!) as someone who randomly goes about in an assasinating frenzy.
And one last thing, concerning the thing CorpseQueen said about the population: yeas, why support murderers and pay for them to live a decent life behind bars, three meals a day, a clean cell when in parts of the world children are dying of hunger and diseases that can be cured if those areas weren't so poor and crowded...

the thread of life lies severed on the brink of paradise.. .

Time to create page: 0.351 seconds