Show Navigation Menu

No Car Day

More
14 years 7 months ago #4208 by natwilaniwartri
Replied by natwilaniwartri on topic Re:No Car Day
janelle hell wrote:

natwilaniwartri wrote:

janelle hell wrote:

I *wish* it were possible for me to walk/take public transportation here, but, it's not going to happen...I don't live within walking distance to any stores, and the public transportation system is a JOKE! I got spoilt, living in L.A. and San Diego (I live in Arizona right now); I could walk most places I needed to go, and there was the bus/train/subway for most everything else. (I'd drive if absolutely necessary) Now, I have to get in my car if I want to go anywhere. *sigh*

yip its not good , but that the usa its so big , i remember it was going to take me 9 hours by bus , but in a car it takes 1 and half hours or so to get to the airport

It's true; it can take much, MUCH longer to get where you need to go on the bus. That's why I'm glad I have a car, for when it's just not feasable to take public transport. (Like when one needs to catch a plane!)

if i was living in the usa i would also either build flying gizmo's so i wouldn't have to drive on the roads or have good friend to take me out if all else fails i drive , but probably a motor bike first

or a horse and cart

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 years 7 months ago #4215 by janelle hell
Replied by janelle hell on topic Re:No Car Day
I wish I could just travel by horseback everywhere! I love horses, and it'd save alot of money, as well. (Oats/hay/carrots are much less expensive than gasoline!)

More
14 years 7 months ago #4222 by natwilaniwartri
janelle hell wrote:

I wish I could just travel by horseback everywhere! I love horses, and it'd save alot of money, as well. (Oats/hay/carrots are much less expensive than gasoline!)

yes would be help keeping in field not using them

More
14 years 7 months ago #4352 by Morgana
Replied by Morgana on topic Re:No Car Day
I've never heard of this. I can't imagine it would be very popular in this area though.

More
14 years 7 months ago #4374 by scootiebee
Replied by scootiebee on topic Re:No Car Day
I live so far out in the nothing, 5 minute drive to anywhere, so like 4 miles to post office, more like 8 miles to groceries. Plus, the main street out of my area has no sidewalk, hilly, no lights, in the forest. Not a safe place to go for a walk. If I have a no car day, I am staying home.

Nothing to see here, move along folks.

More
14 years 7 months ago #4381 by natwilaniwartri
scootiebee wrote:

I live so far out in the nothing, 5 minute drive to anywhere, so like 4 miles to post office, more like 8 miles to groceries. Plus, the main street out of my area has no sidewalk, hilly, no lights, in the forest. Not a safe place to go for a walk. If I have a no car day, I am staying home.

what about horses

Time to create page: 0.265 seconds