Show Navigation Menu

Smoking

More
13 years 7 months ago #25397 by Envy
Replied by Envy on topic Re:Smoking
Kuroboshi wrote:

Seems like a lot of people are stopping smoking.

My aunt is on another attempt to stop, she's tried the gum and patches in the past to no success but now she's got these pills to get her (two a day) and is going to some meetings or something, I think.

Hope she can stick to it, chances are she might.

From what I've heard from most quitters, the best method is just to go cold turkey, because you can get addicted to the gum etc. instead, which costs a lot more than being addicted to cigs.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 years 7 months ago #25398 by Kuroboshi
Replied by Kuroboshi on topic Re:Smoking
She's tried that before I believe, didn't work.

She'll be gradually working herself off the pills anyway, so I hope that works.

More
13 years 7 months ago #25400 by Envy
Replied by Envy on topic Re:Smoking
Kuroboshi wrote:

Hmm..Well, good luck to her. I haven't heard of pills used for quitting before..

More
13 years 7 months ago #25411 by black_magnolia
Replied by black_magnolia on topic Re:Smoking
Envy wrote:

Kuroboshi wrote:

Hmm..Well, good luck to her. I haven't heard of pills used for quitting before..

I also never heard of pills, but I don't really like the sound of them. I think it's better to get addicted to gum then pills, you can always try then to go to regular gum...

Good luck to your aunt!

To see a world in a Grain of Sand,
And a Heaven in a Wild Flower,
Hold Infinity in the palm of your hand,
And eternity in an hour.

More
13 years 7 months ago #25428 by Zilknitha
Replied by Zilknitha on topic Re:Smoking
isn't pills just a side-step towards another additction?...well if it works it works and good luck to your aunt. I only smoke on and off really, so i've never really smoked or not smoked...and never been addictied. Though pipes do feel appelling in some strange way. It's just not \"in fashionible\" society to smoke anymore, and as perseptions have cheanged it is now just seen as somthing other people do. So far as i have seen anyway in collage. It is a little weird listening to them all talking about it, as the subject does seem to have a kind of commaradery about it. My Mum is/was trying to give up but she is trying a new approch to giving up \"cold turkey\" which is all to do with the way you think about smoking and is souly inspired by the way the Native Americans treat Tabacco. The idea that when you inhale and exhale it is a meditation. I can't rember the whole chapter that Mum was looking at but it does seem to work. Psycology is a strange thing

More
13 years 7 months ago #25431 by black_magnolia
Replied by black_magnolia on topic Re:Smoking
Zilknitha wrote:

I only smoke on and off really, so i've never really smoked or not smoked...and never been addictied.

That on and off is really enough for being a smoker. If you're not a smoker, you don't smoke, there isn't really a middle between these two.

To see a world in a Grain of Sand,
And a Heaven in a Wild Flower,
Hold Infinity in the palm of your hand,
And eternity in an hour.

Time to create page: 0.278 seconds