Show Navigation Menu

Smoking

More
13 years 9 months ago #23551 by Morgana
Replied by Morgana on topic Re:Smoking
Come to think of it, people often ask me for a light, although I don't smoke. Especially when I'm wearing my beat up old leather jacket. Judging by appearances, I guess...

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 years 9 months ago #23718 by Envy
Replied by Envy on topic Re:Smoking
Was pretty annoyed about smoking on the cruise ship. They didn't have separate areas for smoking when on balconies..And the elderly man whose balcony was below ours happened to love smoking massive cigars.

Envy was not most pleased. We had 4 balconies joined together and the cigar smoke saturated the air in all four. It meant we were stuck indoors a lot of the time unless the man wasn't out smoking.

More
13 years 9 months ago #23721 by black_magnolia
Replied by black_magnolia on topic Re:Smoking
Envy wrote:

Was pretty annoyed about smoking on the cruise ship. They didn't have separate areas for smoking when on balconies..And the elderly man whose balcony was below ours happened to love smoking massive cigars.

Envy was not most pleased. We had 4 balconies joined together and the cigar smoke saturated the air in all four. It meant we were stuck indoors a lot of the time unless the man wasn't out smoking.

I know how you feel! We have a couple of apartments at home that we rent to tourists and we don't have a no-smoking policy because it's hard on its own to get tourists (especially this season) so when we have smokers I feel the smoke in the whole house. yuck! :S

To see a world in a Grain of Sand,
And a Heaven in a Wild Flower,
Hold Infinity in the palm of your hand,
And eternity in an hour.

More
13 years 8 months ago #23726 by Envy
Replied by Envy on topic Re:Smoking
black_magnolia wrote:

Envy wrote:

I know how you feel! We have a couple of apartments at home that we rent to tourists and we don't have a no-smoking policy because it's hard on its own to get tourists (especially this season) so when we have smokers I feel the smoke in the whole house. yuck! :S

Argh..I couldn't handle that. I was particularly sensitive to smoke whilst on the cruise as I was coming down with a cold too, and I'm asthmatic anyway, so my throat was really sore and my lungs were all...Icky. Still are.

It's a lot nicer in the US regarding air anyway, which is a strange thing to say as there are so many cars and so many absolutely huge 'freeways'..But I think, the amount of personal space you have is a lot greater. It is a lot nicer to walk the roads here and go shopping and even go out driving because of the space. In England, you have very little space, and all the smokers congregate outdoors, so the air becomes very smoke-filled if you just walk down a road with a few smokers around.

More
13 years 8 months ago #24025 by janelle hell
Replied by janelle hell on topic Re:Smoking
After about 15 years of smoking, I finally quit :laugh:

Been done with it since March now!

More
13 years 8 months ago #24029 by Serpenvicis
Replied by Serpenvicis on topic Re:Smoking
janelle hell wrote:

After about 15 years of smoking, I finally quit :laugh:

Been done with it since March now!

Well done! I don't smoke, but some people said me that it is very hard to quit. But I think that is because they are not motivated. My opinion is that a person can quit any time, but only if there is a will.

Wanting to be like someone else, we forget who we really are.

Time to create page: 0.282 seconds