Show Navigation Menu

Smoking

More
14 years 4 months ago #10895 by Envy
Replied by Envy on topic Re:Smoking
Never smoked and don't plan on doing so..I can't stand the smell and it makes my throat constrict.

Had pretty serious asthma when I was little, due to my mum passive smoking a lot whilst she was pregnant with me.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 years 4 months ago - 14 years 4 months ago #10912 by Morgana
Replied by Morgana on topic Re:Smoking
We were at a relative's house yesterday for a few hours... 4 people, all smoking heavily! Ugh... I can still taste it if I think about it. But it's their house, and I knew before we went that they smoke, so it's not my place to say anything. I just threw my clothes in the wash and scrubbed my hair to try to get rid of the smell.
Last edit: 14 years 4 months ago by Morgana.

More
14 years 4 months ago - 14 years 4 months ago #10925 by knumpcy
Replied by knumpcy on topic Re:Smoking

This is my poison which smells alot better than cig smoke. They are only $4.25 a pack here in Nashville.

I became insane with long intervals of horrible sanity
Last edit: 14 years 4 months ago by knumpcy.

More
14 years 4 months ago #10927 by SkieShauphen
Replied by SkieShauphen on topic Re:Smoking
Awww, no fair. Ours are $5.17 here. I just tried Vanilla the other day. I didn't even notice a difference. Cherry actually tasted like cherry if I remember right...it's a been a while since I've had one. But yes, Djarum smells nothing like cig smoke. More like incense. Not to mention the smell of cloves that is expunged adds an intersting spice to the air.

@envy, my mother was a second hand smoker while she was pregnant with me as well and I had bad asthma as a baby but I suppose i've gotten over it now. I've only had one minor attack since I began smoking and it only happened after tring to smoke and hike at the same time.

Meaning comes from within.

More
14 years 4 months ago #10940 by Envy
Replied by Envy on topic Re:Smoking
SkieShauphen wrote:

@envy, my mother was a second hand smoker while she was pregnant with me as well and I had bad asthma as a baby but I suppose i've gotten over it now. I've only had one minor attack since I began smoking and it only happened after tring to smoke and hike at the same time.

Smoking and hiking..:P That amuses me though I can't quite explain why - the ideas of balancing something bad for your health with something good at the same time I guess.

Bah. I'm strange.

Many people have said that asthma supposedly gets 'better' as you get older, and admittedly it isn't so bad with me now, but I'm still prone to attacks, especially just before a storm. There's something in the air that constricts my throat just before a storm. Humidity, maybe.

More
14 years 4 months ago #10954 by scootiebee
Replied by scootiebee on topic Re:Smoking
That's odd, I can't smoke cloves. I don't know why, but they make me weird, coughing and dizzy. But regular Marlboros, I am fine. Go figure. I had friends in high school who smoked cloves or even ginseng cigarettes, but I always stuck with plain disgusting tobacco.

I do feel strange doing some specific exercise, like hiking, while smoking, but I keep doing it anyway. When the weather is better, I hike all over the place through the woods near my house, or go kayaking or canoeing around the lake to the beach, which is quite a long way and counts as a physical workout. But then I have to smoke. Ugh! :P

Nothing to see here, move along folks.

Time to create page: 0.283 seconds