Show Navigation Menu

Love

More
14 years 1 month ago #16711 by Envy
Replied by Envy on topic Re:Are you in love?
Poledra1a, it's great to hear about you and your new partner!

I, too, had many negative issues with my ex. We both needed each other, but for very different reasons, and the friendship aspect just wasn't there! I was just..Sick of his attitude and how he treated me. It didn't feel right when we were unable to speak as friends, as well.

I had been with him for 3 years..And he did say that he never wanted to get married nor did he ever want children because it would take my attention away from him. I just really felt like a person filling the void his mother left.

:) I find that my current partner is my best friend as well as my boyfriend..Which is just such a different relationship. At the end of the day..I can still talk to him about things that are on my mind, and I know that he'll be thinking of something similar.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 years 1 month ago #16761 by scootiebee
Replied by scootiebee on topic Re:Are you in love?
Noxae, in English, we talk about being \"in love\" as that passionate feeling, but loving someone is different. I love my daughter, but I am IN love with my husband, in addition to loving him. Confusing, but there is a difference. I agree, it could be separate words, but that's the wonderful thing of English. It has to be contradictory, confusing, and irritating.

Envy, I am lucky that when I met my husband, it had been about 10 years since he lost his mom. I would love to have known her, but he was a complete adult, knew how to take care of himself, so he doesn't need me to be his mommy. It is nice, he is self-sufficient, but likes having me around to talk to. It is great being his friend, as well as his wife. I wouldn't want to marry someone who only thought of me in terms of what I can do for him. Sad. Glad you found a good guy!

Nothing to see here, move along folks.

More
14 years 1 month ago #16767 by Noxae
Replied by Noxae on topic Re:Are you in love?
Well then scotiebee, I'm not in love with my boyfriend, but I definitely love him. And being able to be someone's friend appart from lover is a great thing indeed. :)

More
13 years 11 months ago #20462 by Envy
Replied by Envy on topic Re:Are you in love?
black_magnolia wrote:

JNasty wrote:

I am in love.

but I do not think it will last...(sigh )

Don't think about how long it will last, but enjoy the time you spend together! Wish you luck! :)

I agree. A few times I've been in the position where I knew things would not last, but I kept going anyway. Love is love. Enjoy it whilst you can.

Take the advice above. :P

More
13 years 10 months ago #21950 by Kuroboshi
Replied by Kuroboshi on topic Re:Are you in love?
Yes, very much so I'd say.

I've always been hesitant on trusting people and it's usually taken me a while to fall in love with people (or what I thought was love at the time) but they never went nowhere.

With my current partner, she's my first, and I feel like I don't need anyone else. Admittedly, when I first started to talk to her, I was really scared due to previous experiences but at the same time, I didn't want to go without talking to her, she made me happy. Shortly after, I admitted my feelings for her, needed to be said really, and of course, she felt the same way.

A few months after that, in September, we ended up together, and are still together to this day. Just knowing she's there makes me happy.

More
13 years 10 months ago - 13 years 10 months ago #22046 by black_magnolia
Replied by black_magnolia on topic Re:Love
Ok, people, it's very nice that you are all in love and have partners you enjoy being with, but to have some order and content in this thread, no more posts with only \"yes, I'm in love\", because I'm going to delete those on sight.

I'm also deleting the older posts of the same type with the literally empty post so that this thread doesn't look like swiss cheese.

This thread is getting a re-do, and is about love in general. That doesn't mean you can't write that you are in love, but if it's the only thing you'll write then I already mentioned what will happen to such a post.

(For the future, if you have posted something that you don't wish to remain on the forum, edit the text out and report that post to the mods so we can delete it.)

To see a world in a Grain of Sand,
And a Heaven in a Wild Flower,
Hold Infinity in the palm of your hand,
And eternity in an hour.
Last edit: 13 years 10 months ago by black_magnolia.

Time to create page: 0.348 seconds