Show Navigation Menu

Love

More
14 years 5 months ago - 14 years 5 months ago #8585 by CorpseQueen
Replied by CorpseQueen on topic Re:Are you in love?
Marriage is something they came up with long ago to help keep the population under controll. If you married someone, that meant you didn't fuck everything that moved, which means less inbreed and a more structured society.

If you want to marry, that's your choise. But marrige is to me much more religious then anything - religion made it part of life, and you usually need a priest that will usually talk about God in one sense or another during the ceremony. I'm aware that's not always the case, but have been for the last few houndred years. And why should I, who don't believe in such a God, prove my love to God when I prove it to my loved one every time I say 'I love you'?

Marriage is something that will last, at least it was designed to be like that. You haven't always had the change to get a divorce, and many religions will not allow it. You marry because you want to spend an eternity togheter (or riches, but that's another thing), and yes you can get a divorce, but that will never ring good in anyones ear. \"I've been togheter with 5 different people for longer periods\" sound a bit better then \"I've been divorced 5 times\".

But two each his own... (hope I spelled it right) Some want to get married, some don't. You don't try to prove you're thoughts are the best, because they're not. Everyone has their view, and a right to view it that way.

My beauty is not the shape of the body,
but the voices in you mind;
the thoughts you can't live without
Last edit: 14 years 5 months ago by CorpseQueen.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 years 5 months ago - 14 years 5 months ago #8600 by SkieShauphen
Replied by SkieShauphen on topic Re:Are you in love?
CorpseQueen wrote:

Marriage is something they came up with long ago to help keep the population under control. If you married someone, that meant you didn't fuck everything that moved, which means less inbreed and a more structured society.

If you want to marry, that's your choice. But marriage is to me much more religious then anything - religion made it part of life, and you usually need a priest that will usually talk about God in one sense or another during the ceremony. I'm aware that's not always the case, but have been for the last few hundred years. And why should I, who don't believe in such a God, prove my love to God when I prove it to my loved one every time I say 'I love you'?

Damn, Corpse you beat me to it. I was going to give the same explanation.

Frankly, I will disagree that abstaining from marriage is selfish. Since it IS indeed mostly religious and usually involved with legal benefits, I would say that not getting married would be the exact opposite. By getting hitched you 1. Reap legal Marital benefits 2. have someone to share life with 3. Share money with that person, thus making life easier 3. Make many new friends at the wedding or through your significant other 5. Use your significant other in various ways.... 6. Usually get an expensive piece of jewelry

So, by that respect I'd say that NOT getting married and NOT receiving those benefits wouldn't be selfish at all. If you were going to get married just for the sake of getting married then THAT in fact would be the selfish act.

Meaning comes from within.
Last edit: 14 years 5 months ago by SkieShauphen.

More
14 years 5 months ago #8624 by Zenith
Replied by Zenith on topic Re:Are you in love?
A funny saying: If you want to know what happiness is, get married. It's equal to if you want to now what health is, get sick :lol: (It's not something I agree with but I find it amusing)

the thread of life lies severed on the brink of paradise.. .

More
14 years 5 months ago #8648 by CorpseQueen
Replied by CorpseQueen on topic Re:Are you in love?
Even the undead can move fast at times... ever seen Resident Evil? :P

Haven't read up on any of the legal benefits, but I'm still in the state that I hoard my things and if they're mine, they're mine! My precious! Don't you dare touch!
My boy tries to teach me sharing... doesn't work all that well. Even with him. Now, sharing everything by legal means would fuck that up really good... how can I know what's mine, if it's also his? :pinch:

Saw on tv just a few hours ago an episode of a series where the girls dressed up in weddingdresses and tossed bouquets and tried to catch it, just like it actually was a wedding... like they where gonna get married...
Isn't that shelfish? To marry someone because you want to get married? What's the big deal anyway? No wonder the boyfriend got more then a bit scared...

My beauty is not the shape of the body,
but the voices in you mind;
the thoughts you can't live without

More
14 years 5 months ago #8649 by AcroCake
Replied by AcroCake on topic Re:Are you in love?
When my uncle died, his partner of over 10 years had no legal rights as they were not married, and he had also not written a will.
Marxists would argue that the Traditional Nuclear family (couple married with children) was produced to feed the Capitalist system, so there were no questions about the legitimacy of a man's child heir.
If you marry, you have greater legal rights if you break-up than when you cohabit, making it easier to claim your personal property and possesions.

Research suggests that by 2014, there will be more babies born outside of marriage than inside.

I would personally prefer to have my children inside of marriage.
Even though I'm an Athiest, I would have my children baptised and confirmed etc.
At this stage in my life (teens - hardly old enough to make these decisions final), I see Christianity as the easiest way to instill a true set of moral values into children ie. the 10 commandments

More
14 years 5 months ago #8690 by Kelaiah_
Replied by Kelaiah_ on topic Re:Are you in love?
I wish I've never tasted the pain that love brings. Sometimes I think I would be happier if I have never fell in love at all.

But then again, I don't regret a thing.

<3 You. / Don't tell God how big your storm is, tell the storm how big your God is.

Time to create page: 0.281 seconds