Show Navigation Menu

It's Christmas Soon

More
11 years 4 months ago #38971 by black_magnolia
Madam_Mim wrote:

iHauntTheSepulchre wrote:

My family is the only one I know that still uses real pine trees. None of my friends and other relatives have real trees...it's kinda sad - I love the smell of pine needles.
We can usually make them last a couple of months actually - we just take off the decorations and it's like having a tree growing through the floor in our living room! Then when the tree dies we chop it up, let it weather and use it for firewood.

No one here uses pines, we all uses spruce and most still use candles on the tree Christmas Eve. :kiss:

I somewhere read that in fact the most commonly sold and bought Christmas trees are in fact fir or spruce, but that people mistake them for pines.

I love the smell of evergreen trees too. We stopped buying real trees a long time ago as I insisted it was a waste if they died and we didn't really have any place to plant them in our garden any more, neither do we have a use for firewood. An artificial tree is reusable and therefore cheaper too, but it would be great if they came with real pine smell. haha :woohoo:

To see a world in a Grain of Sand,
And a Heaven in a Wild Flower,
Hold Infinity in the palm of your hand,
And eternity in an hour.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 years 4 months ago #38972 by Madam_Mim
Replied by Madam_Mim on topic Re: It's Christmas Soon
black_magnolia wrote:

Madam_Mim wrote:

My family is the only one I know that still uses real pine trees. None of my friends and other relatives have real trees...it's kinda sad - I love the smell of pine needles.
We can usually make them last a couple of months actually - we just take off the decorations and it's like having a tree growing through the floor in our living room! Then when the tree dies we chop it up, let it weather and use it for firewood.

No one here uses pines, we all uses spruce and most still use candles on the tree Christmas Eve. :kiss:

I somewhere read that in fact the most commonly sold and bought Christmas trees are in fact fir or spruce, but that people mistake them for pines.

I love the smell of evergreen trees too. We stopped buying real trees a long time ago as I insisted it was a waste if they died and we didn't really have any place to plant them in our garden any more, neither do we have a use for firewood. An artificial tree is reusable and therefore cheaper too, but it would be great if they came with real pine smell. haha :woohoo:

You must invent an artificial tree that releases the smell of a real pine - you could probably make a little on that :silly: :lol:
We are one of the countries that produce the most Christmas trees - So in this country, I believe that we stick to using real spruce. :)
Most of the trees are also recycled, so they go back into the eco system. :kiss:
And I know of no stores that sell artificial Christmas trees here in this country, unless you buy online. :side:

More
11 years 4 months ago #38973 by iHauntTheSepulchre
Madam_Mim wrote:

We mainly use pines over here - they grow fast and we have huge pine plantations for the timber industry. I wish we could have candles on our trees but as it's summmer down here there's usually a total fire ban in place. Not to mention the fact that it's way too hot to even think of lighting candles anyway. Unlike most houses in Australia, we have a single fan instead of an air conditioner or ducted cooling.

Death's kiss was soft as rose petals...

More
11 years 4 months ago #38974 by SpiderBabyGrimm
I was gonna post photos of my Christmas tree today, but my camera needs batteries. It will be Friday before I have the cash for them. I should ask Santa for a new battery charger. Mine stopped working a couple months ago. My camera loves batteries. Have to replace them every 1-2 weeks. Wore-out the last battery charger.

Every Day is Halloween.

More
11 years 4 months ago - 11 years 4 months ago #38979 by Madam_Mim
Replied by Madam_Mim on topic Re: It's Christmas Soon
It might not be the biggest town in the world that I live in, but it's pretty at Christmas time :kiss:

Merry Christmas to all :)
Attachments:
Last edit: 11 years 4 months ago by Madam_Mim.

More
11 years 4 months ago #38980 by iHauntTheSepulchre
That looks gorgeous!
To me the idea of a white Christmas is a bit of a novelty - down here in the Southern Hemisphere summer is in full swing. Even in the winter snow isn't all that common unless you're up very high.

Death's kiss was soft as rose petals...

Time to create page: 0.284 seconds