Show Navigation Menu

It's Christmas Soon

More
11 years 4 months ago #38958 by black_magnolia
SpiderBabyGrimm wrote:

Got most of the shopping for gifts done. Went to put the tree up and the lights we bought last year didn't work so have to get more lights this week. My tree is purple! The decorations are The Nightmare Before Christmas and Beetlejuice themed.

That sounds like an awesome tree! :) I wish I could do something like that at home, our tree usually looks pretty much the same from year to year, always the same old classic decoration... :silly:

To see a world in a Grain of Sand,
And a Heaven in a Wild Flower,
Hold Infinity in the palm of your hand,
And eternity in an hour.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 years 4 months ago #38961 by Madam_Mim
Replied by Madam_Mim on topic Re: It's Christmas Soon
SpiderBabyGrimm wrote:

Got most of the shopping for gifts done. Went to put the tree up and the lights we bought last year didn't work so have to get more lights this week. My tree is purple! The decorations are The Nightmare Before Christmas and Beetlejuice themed.

Here in the country we mostly use genuine trees - so please upload a picture of your tree :silly:

More
11 years 4 months ago #38962 by iHauntTheSepulchre
My family is the only one I know that still uses real pine trees. None of my friends and other relatives have real trees...it's kinda sad - I love the smell of pine needles.
We can usually make them last a couple of months actually - we just take off the decorations and it's like having a tree growing through the floor in our living room! Then when the tree dies we chop it up, let it weather and use it for firewood.

Death's kiss was soft as rose petals...

More
11 years 4 months ago #38965 by Madam_Mim
iHauntTheSepulchre wrote:

My family is the only one I know that still uses real pine trees. None of my friends and other relatives have real trees...it's kinda sad - I love the smell of pine needles.
We can usually make them last a couple of months actually - we just take off the decorations and it's like having a tree growing through the floor in our living room! Then when the tree dies we chop it up, let it weather and use it for firewood.

No one here uses pines, we all uses spruce and most still use candles on the tree Christmas Eve. :kiss:
This is a picture of a typical Danish Christmas tree.
Attachments:

More
11 years 4 months ago - 11 years 4 months ago #38969 by SpiderBabyGrimm
Madam_Mim wrote:

No one here uses pines, we all uses spruce and most still use candles on the tree Christmas Eve. :kiss:

That's a cool tree. What is on the top? Can't tell in the photo. Most people in the USA put a star or an angel at the top of their trees. :)

I like the classic Christmas decorations, also. My boyfriend's mom's traditional tree is always very nice.

The only person I know that uses a real tree is my uncle. That's because he doesn't like to store stuff so he just throws the tree out. He even uses popcorn to decorate so he can throw it out, too. He has one small box for the stand and the lights he puts up.
I'll post some photos probably tomorrow. We're wrapping presents tonight so I'll get a photo after that. :)

Every Day is Halloween.
Last edit: 11 years 4 months ago by black_magnolia. Reason: merged posts

More
11 years 4 months ago #38970 by Madam_Mim
SpiderBabyGrimm wrote:

Madam_Mim wrote:

That's a cool tree. What is on the top? Can't tell in the photo. Most people in the USA put a star or an angel at the top of their trees. :)

Most people use a star :laugh:

Time to create page: 0.375 seconds