Show Navigation Menu

Weather

More
12 years 7 months ago #35176 by firensia
Replied by firensia on topic Re: Weather
Envy wrote:

I'm not even sure how seasons work over this side of the world. :S But I do miss cold weather! Going to be weird going home and finding myself in an English winter after being in this humid place for a few weeks.

I think they'd be the same since Hong Kong is above the Equator but I've heard that they have a smog problem over there so maybe that makes the heat extra unbearable.

Amor vincit omnia et nos cedamus amori

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 years 7 months ago #35192 by Envy
Replied by Envy on topic Re: Weather
firensia wrote:

I think they'd be the same since Hong Kong is above the Equator but I've heard that they have a smog problem over there so maybe that makes the heat extra unbearable.

Oh yes..We do have a very bad smog problem now. It's not very comfy at all to breathe outside in the larger villages/towns.

It's alright today though - We had insane windy conditions yesterday and woke up today to a completely clear sky - We can see all the tops of the mountains here etc. which really makes a difference. Downside was that we got the full blast of the sun. Ick. At least parasols are very normal over here. :woohoo:

What makes it extra uncomfortable is that there's more people than ever - Loads from mainland China are moving to Hong Kong due to better conditions and regulations (very similar to laws in England due to past colonisation, they even speak English here in the courtrooms..I couldn't resist going to one when I had the chance. :P)..There's been a recent influx of Japanese people as well due to the earthquakes etc..So yeah. Very, very crowded, hot and uncomfortable whenever you head out.

My mother told me yesterday on the phone that it's so cold in England that they have to have a heater on in the mornings and nights now. :S I do dread going back to England a little bit now, upon hearing that news, just because it'll be a very dramatic temperature drop.

We're still steadily in the 30s temperature-wise.

More
12 years 7 months ago #35199 by firensia
Envy wrote:

We're still steadily in the 30s temperature-wise.

Wow! I seriously cannot stand the heat. When we get heatwaves in the Summer, it's unbearable. I stay indoors all the time with two fans on. I definitely wouldn't be able to go to Hong Kong. Plus, I'm not too much of a fan of big cities. I remember going to New York as a child and hating it because there was just too many people. The sidewalks were so crowded and everyone always seems to be rushing. I'd imagine it would be the same over in Asia.

More
12 years 7 months ago #35225 by Envy
firensia wrote:

Wow! I seriously cannot stand the heat. When we get heatwaves in the Summer, it's unbearable. I stay indoors all the time with two fans on. I definitely wouldn't be able to go to Hong Kong. Plus, I'm not too much of a fan of big cities. I remember going to New York as a child and hating it because there was just too many people. The sidewalks were so crowded and everyone always seems to be rushing. I'd imagine it would be the same over in Asia.

Yup...I can handle warmth (my room at home was regularly around 25 degrees) but not sunlight and not humidity. Sunlight and humidity is *horrible* and it's unescapable here!

I'm not a fan of big cities either - In all honesty I'm not very suited to Hong Kong at all! The whole reason for my coming here was just due to having to sort out things relating to my dual citizenship + bank accounts which had to be done now or never. :S The crowds are awful these days, never used to be this bad. You're pretty much squished against other people whilst trying to walk down the streets.

It's a pretty stressful atmosphere - Several times this week I've said that I've felt like smacking people out of my way on the streets. :woohoo: Atmosphere is driving me nuts!

More
12 years 7 months ago #35356 by firensia
Weather is absolutely crazy here. Today, we're freezing at about 13 degrees, while a couple days ago, it was sweltering heat. All over the place. Next week, Autumn begins so it should only get colder from there on out. :( I do like the cold better than heatwave weather but I am dreading the snow shoveling and icy sidewalks.

More
12 years 7 months ago #35369 by Envy
Hah. Came home expecting wintery conditions and was met with 17-20 degree summery-ness. Apparently we've just come home as the windy weather just passed by.

Time to create page: 0.287 seconds