Show Navigation Menu

Weather

More
12 years 2 months ago #37534 by Envy
Replied by Envy on topic Re: Weather
Veszdrin wrote:

haha. i bet it does. luckily the room i'm staying in is facing away from the main road. :P ive only ever seen snow twice in my life but i only count one due to the fact that the second time i saw it i was crawling through it for a training exercise. :S

:P Blargh! That just reminds me of when I had to do a blindfolded obstacle course at an outdoor pursuits centre and I had to crawl through thick, watery mud. >.< (Was not pleased that day)..I'd have much rather crawled through snow.

Both of my closest friends here face inwards, but the result is that they also can't open their curtains without people walking in and out of accomo. being able to see them and the insides of their rooms completely. They also both face East, so apparently the sun can get irritating, especially in winter months when it's low. At least if anyone sees me, it's minimal exposure and likely people I'll never see again or meet in my life. :woohoo:

-5 degrees outside today! At least my new coat got some use.

Students here made a massive snowball taller than me (I'm 5 foot) by rolling it around the entire grounds of our accomodation. I'll get a picture if I can, later.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 years 2 months ago #37537 by black_magnolia
Replied by black_magnolia on topic Re: Weather
My room is facing North and away from the main road (which is right next to the building, so I can feel the trams rumbling past anyway) - so it's not that bad. It only gets annoying during spring/summer when I have the window open because the nearby elementary school's playground is more or less in front of my window (like 100m away?) and I have a bar on the ground floor of my building - so I hear it all (won't even count the traffic sound). :S

Here's a picture of my window view - 1st day of snow, since then more of that white stuff has gathered. :woohoo:

To see a world in a Grain of Sand,
And a Heaven in a Wild Flower,
Hold Infinity in the palm of your hand,
And eternity in an hour.
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.288 seconds