Show Navigation Menu

City or Countryside?

More
14 years 7 months ago #4230 by natwilaniwartri
well an in Scotland so bit of both from small to medium to large in all directions but i live in selkirk great place

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 years 7 months ago #4254 by Zenith
Replied by Zenith on topic Re:City or Countryside?
Although I love being isolated somewhere in the wilderness, and I love natural places untouched by man, I cannot stay away from the tumult of the city either. There are times when I need to be alone to concentrate on my work, and times when I need the presence of my friends and of people in general. I'm not against crowds, I actually love crowds at certain festivals or concerts :laugh: For me, it's short, fun periods in the city combined with long periods in the countryside. That's ideal for me... but sadly next week I'll be moving in a big city...it's kinda scary for me, hope I won't go berzerk:)

the thread of life lies severed on the brink of paradise.. .

More
14 years 7 months ago #4368 by black_magnolia
I come from a fairly small town which gets really busy in the summer with more tourists being in town then locals, but my dad comes from a village near the town so my family spends a lot of time over the week in the village and I admit I like it more there then in the town. If I could chose I would live in the countryside but near a bigger town or city because there are a lot of things you can have in a town but is difficult to have in the countryside, like a theater, museum, many different shops etc.

To see a world in a Grain of Sand,
And a Heaven in a Wild Flower,
Hold Infinity in the palm of your hand,
And eternity in an hour.

More
14 years 7 months ago #4823 by wingedxayase
I'm more of a city-type person, but the countryside is still quite nice with the calm air and abundant trees.

More
14 years 3 months ago #12701 by HearseDriver
Countryside for me! Especially Wales as I feel I have a special connection with that Country! Can speak a little bit of Welsh aswell! City life's not my cup of tea! The Dales up in Yorkshires' beautiful aswell! Reminds me of that lovely classic drama 'All Creatures Great And Small'! :)

More
14 years 3 months ago #12727 by CorpseQueen
Replied by CorpseQueen on topic Re:City or Countryside?
If I got my dreams true, I'd be living in the forest. But then I would be ble to talk to animals and climb in trees and all that, so for now the suburbs of the city is nice enough. We have deer living nearby, and I saw a whole family of three small ones in the neighboring garden, playing around, and as long as I have my own pets I'd be happy...

My beauty is not the shape of the body,
but the voices in you mind;
the thoughts you can't live without

Time to create page: 0.266 seconds