Show Navigation Menu

City or Countryside?

More
14 years 7 months ago #3183 by scootiebee
Replied by scootiebee on topic Re:City or Countryside?
There is a part of the population everywhere that is best to avoid, even in the country. I live in the woods, but even 5 minutes away is a small old town (well, old for the US, 1789), and 15 minutes away is Frederick, MD, which is the second-largest city in Maryland. So I guess I don't really live in the \"country\", but it feels like it, the best of both.

Nothing to see here, move along folks.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 years 7 months ago #3189 by vampirelycanthrope13
The city.

More
14 years 7 months ago #3198 by RavenDarkmoon
Iv always been told that the grass is greener on the other side...

I have lived in the city as well as the country with in my life time.
To me it don't matter a lot as long as I have internet connection :P

More
14 years 7 months ago #3205 by CorpseQueen
Replied by CorpseQueen on topic Re:City or Countryside?
I have no idea, really.

Lived in a kind of suburb all my life, but I'm closer to the city then many more expencive and, well, \"closer\" locations. I like it, even tho I'm not a fan of big crowds of normal people... like my present school. Wonder if a day goes by where I don't long to my old one, filled with all freaks and extreme people you could find... I need them around me, and I need people around me - I need attention, friends and people.

But I have to be alone as much as I'm not. I got to have time for myself, and I've always loved nature more then any. I'd give up the world and myself for Mother Nature to continue her cycle undisturbed. I love animals as well, and went to a 4H-farm every friday for more years then I remember. I feel lonely now, when I don't have a pet, and I guess living on a farm would suit me close to perfectly...

So I don't know. Want both, but neither. But that's just a trace of my personality (or the one of few I believe I got)

My beauty is not the shape of the body,
but the voices in you mind;
the thoughts you can't live without

More
14 years 7 months ago #3213 by anastasia13
Replied by anastasia13 on topic Re:City or Countryside?
I have always lived in the country, then on the ocean, then in the city. The changes are a part of my personality. Being a Gemini I love change and love to experience different things. So really there is not one right answer for me. At least in Texas I live not far from a city and it's like almost living in the country. Only Texas has that in America that I have noticed and I have lived several places, Guam, Germany, Japan, Thailand, South Korea, Switerland, Lichtenstein, Singapore, Italy, Mexico, Canada, and the US (of course from America). So I love the different cultures and both, countryside and city lifestyles.

Next I want to go to London, Egypt, India, and Jamaica.

Anastasia

Those who stand in white blessed light might not always be good, those who stand in the inky shadows of darkness might not always be evil.

More
14 years 7 months ago #3214 by Morgana
Replied by Morgana on topic Re:City or Countryside?
Countryside for me, definitely! And to me, that means that you can't hear your neighbours, never mind see them. I don't handle crowds very well, and I'm a very solitary type of person, but I did live in a big city for about 10 years. It had it's good points, but I was getting pretty tired of it by the time we left.

Right now, I live about 30 minutes drive from a city, and less than 10 from the beach/forest. If I could convince a few of the neighbours to move away, it'd be pretty good...

Time to create page: 0.336 seconds