Show Navigation Menu

Contact juggling

More
13 years 3 months ago #30316 by Zilknitha
Contact juggling was created by Zilknitha
Not sure if this belongs in a different thread and i may have asked this before but does anyone contact juggle? If so share your tales and trials....

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 years 3 months ago #30324 by black_magnolia
Replied by black_magnolia on topic Re: Contact juggling
I've looked up several videos on youtube and I can't say that I'm impressed with it. To me it looks boring. :(

To see a world in a Grain of Sand,
And a Heaven in a Wild Flower,
Hold Infinity in the palm of your hand,
And eternity in an hour.

More
13 years 3 months ago #30333 by Morgana
Replied by Morgana on topic Re: Contact juggling
This is the first I've heard of it. Based on the video, it looks more like a type of dance, with props. When I hear the word \"juggle\" I think of people throwing things up in the air and then catching them.

Zilknitha, is this something that you do?

More
13 years 3 months ago - 13 years 3 months ago #30383 by Envy
Replied by Envy on topic Re: Contact juggling
Oh! I didn't know that was what it was called - I've seen it a lot of times being performed as a kind of street-art by people painted silver or performing in venetian-masquerade dress.

I could never do something so elegant and fluent (I'm so clumsy) but I find watching it quite mesmerising. For a while anyway. :P I wonder where it originated from. The balls they use remind me of Chinese medicinal balls that you roll around in your hands..
Last edit: 13 years 3 months ago by Envy.

More
13 years 3 months ago #30590 by Zilknitha
Replied by Zilknitha on topic Re: Contact juggling
I've been practicing for 3 years now on and off, though not terribly good. I guess it does get to the stage were it can be very meditative. Contact juggling is not the only name for this, in America i belive that they call it Sphere manipulation, but you do \"throw\" the ball in some moves it's just that its very subtle. It also only works and looks good if you work with gravity. The \"first known\" contact juggler was called Micheal Moshen, people only really know him from the film Labyrinth.

Time to create page: 0.259 seconds