Show Navigation Menu

Absinthe

More
14 years 9 months ago #300 by Morgana
Absinthe was created by Morgana
Has anyone ever tried absinthe? I don't think you can get the 18th century version anymore, with wormwood. But I've recently noticed that there's a version available in the liquor stores here which I'd like to try. I know it was traditionally mixed with sugar, but beyond that, I have no idea what it might taste like.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 years 9 months ago #301 by Blackaggy
Replied by Blackaggy on topic Re:Absinthe
Thats a good question, I've been wondering myself what is like and where I can get some. I have heard that it is very potent and it is not something you would drink like a normal spirit. Can't wait to hear what everyone else has to say.

More
14 years 9 months ago - 14 years 9 months ago #303 by Atanasia_Luiza_Lupei
Replied by Atanasia_Luiza_Lupei on topic Re:Absinthe
Well I have, and I love it. And it is still made with wormwood just so you know. But it tastes like black licorice; the herb in it, anise, gives it that taste. But depending on your personal pallet you may like the red or yellow version of absinthe. The red version doesn't really taste like black licorice because that herb is left out. And the yellow tends to be more bitter or a taste. Since you've heard that it is traditionally served with sugar it is because it is a very bitter drink. But all in all definitely try it, Just make sure you know what kind you are drinking, never drink absinthe that is homemade, and make sure that what you're drinking has a low Thujone content because it is toxic.. and never drink absinthe if it has more than 35mg of thojone in it. Hmm... what else.. oh, don't ever have more than 3 ounces of it at a time.

I would recommend:
( www.originalabsinthe.com/absinthe-original-p-57.html )

If you need any more information on it, I am an expert on absinthe so don't be afraid to ask :]

And Enjoy!

dracu lupei
Last edit: 14 years 9 months ago by Atanasia_Luiza_Lupei.

More
14 years 9 months ago #307 by Blackaggy
Replied by Blackaggy on topic Re:Absinthe
Thanks for that information, I knew that it could be very potent but I didn't know what caused the potency, also knowing how much to drink is a great help. I can't wait to get over to the website and check it out. Thanks again.

More
14 years 9 months ago #309 by Atanasia_Luiza_Lupei
Replied by Atanasia_Luiza_Lupei on topic Re:Absinthe
Oh yeah, no problem at all. Oh and another word of advice about buying absinthe: the best taste that you will get out of it is when it's between 45 and 68 percent proof alcohol, anything higher and it detracts from the real experience of absinthe. But you won't have to worry about that on the website I provided, although watch out for the \"Absinthe King Gold\" on there because it has a rediculously high amount of thojone in it.

:]

dracu lupei

More
14 years 9 months ago #311 by Morgana
Replied by Morgana on topic Re:Absinthe
Thanks for the info. And thanks for saving me some cash... I HATE licorice, so I think I'll skip this after all.

Time to create page: 0.322 seconds