Show Navigation Menu

Have u ever experienced natural/General disaster?

More
12 years 7 months ago #34937 by anastasia13
Yes I have experienced many disasters, hurricane, blizzard, flooding, Typhoon, Gale force winds, and I am prior military in US NAVY, we had a fire onboard ship. I saw my friend die and very emotionally messed up from it. I have PTSD and just a heads up you might be traumatized from this fire. Thank the spirts you didn't die. Some stuff can be replaced, but your life is all you have to lose in a situation like that. I have a hard time at bon fires and beach fires. I don't mind candles, I can handle that, but not big fires. I start staring at the flames and it just brings me right back to that day. It was right after Sept 11 2001 after the towers were attacked in US. I had to fly 4 days after the attacks too...just too much going on. Glad you are still here and have your wits about you :) -Anastasia

Anastasia

Those who stand in white blessed light might not always be good, those who stand in the inky shadows of darkness might not always be evil.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 years 7 months ago #34942 by black_magnolia
anastasia13 wrote:

Yes I have experienced many disasters, hurricane, blizzard, flooding, Typhoon, Gale force winds, and I am prior military in US NAVY, we had a fire onboard ship. I saw my friend die and very emotionally messed up from it. I have PTSD and just a heads up you might be traumatized from this fire. Thank the spirts you didn't die. Some stuff can be replaced, but your life is all you have to lose in a situation like that. I have a hard time at bon fires and beach fires. I don't mind candles, I can handle that, but not big fires. I start staring at the flames and it just brings me right back to that day. It was right after Sept 11 2001 after the towers were attacked in US. I had to fly 4 days after the attacks too...just too much going on. Glad you are still here and have your wits about you :) -Anastasia

I think seeing someone die, ergo death may be the most horrible thing one can experience - it's a loss which is hard to process becasue of it's finality. Houses can be rebuilt, bones can be mended, but you can't bring someone from the dead...

btw. Nice to see you back on the forums Stacy! :)

To see a world in a Grain of Sand,
And a Heaven in a Wild Flower,
Hold Infinity in the palm of your hand,
And eternity in an hour.

More
12 years 7 months ago #34944 by anastasia13
Thanks Black Mags, I am back...had to move home for a year with no internet UGGG> I felt like my leg was cut off. Yes I am messed up from what happened, night terrors are not fun. I have no idea how they have come about, but maybe my stress is up from moving and triggered it. I have no idea, but I do know I have help..that is always reasurring. Thanks again -Stacy ;)

Anastasia

Those who stand in white blessed light might not always be good, those who stand in the inky shadows of darkness might not always be evil.

More
12 years 7 months ago #35084 by ImmortalRosencroix
I went through hurricane Charlie a few years back. The power was out for nearly two weeks. Not very fun at all. Later that fall, I visited New York with my family, but on the trip home we saw nothing but blue tarps everywhere.

"Stulum est timere quod vitare non potes" - It is foolish to fear what you cannot avoid.

Time to create page: 0.264 seconds