Show Navigation Menu

What REALLY annoys you?

More
13 years 3 months ago #30053 by black_magnolia
Morgana wrote:

People who are rude on the phone! I have to answer the phone in a certain way for work (company name, followed by my name), which only takes a few seconds, but I've lost track of the number of people who have cut me off mid-way through. But what annoys me even more than that, is people who just hang up without saying good-bye. Is it really taking that much out of you to be polite?!

I agree with that! I'm always polite on the phone and expect other people to do the same. Also I expect some type on conduct when speaking with someone working for some company...

I called my mobile phone company once, it's a new company that advertises itself as a young-people-friendly company etc., and the 'girl' that answered the phone in the call centre talked with me in a very bitch tone and kept on addressing me with \"ti\" in Croatian which is informal instead of \"Vi\" which is the formal pronoun.
I don't care if I'm younger then she is or anything, when I speak with someone about business then I use \"Vi\" and I expect the same. It's a matter of respect. I only use \"ti\" if an older person/person in a higher position of authority offers me to address them with \"ti\"...

To see a world in a Grain of Sand,
And a Heaven in a Wild Flower,
Hold Infinity in the palm of your hand,
And eternity in an hour.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 years 3 months ago #30128 by black_magnolia
Sorry for the double, the previous post is almost 2 days old, so I think it's safe to post again...

CUSTOMS!!! I HATE THEM!!!
Bloody hell, when I think I got the hang out of 'avoiding' them, I get a letter from them asking me to send them the bill for some puzzles I've won for which I naturally don'+t even have a bill! The puzzles aren't even expensive! They are 13 Euro, and our customs office usually doesn't charge items that are under 20 euro. :angry: Usually they don't even ask you how much is something but they find out the price themselves. I assume this was one lazy customs officer. I so dread having to call them tomorrow to sort out this mess. :(
Hell, I even had to pay for the letter in which they inform me about the procedure... :angry:

And eternity in an hour.

More
13 years 3 months ago #30151 by nwbevk
Replied by nwbevk on topic Re: What REALLY annoys you?
I've been reminded about another annoyance of mine, waiting. Currently I'm waiting to hear replies from apartments, from jobs, sat in the waiting room of the clinic for half an hour past my schedualed appointment time. As long as I'm not running late I don't mind waiting at stop lights, or waiting in line for some things, like a roller coster ride or something, but important stuff. Drives me nuts.

More
13 years 3 months ago - 13 years 3 months ago #30156 by Envy
Replied by Envy on topic Re: What REALLY annoys you?
:huh: Talking about an exam to other people who sat the same exam as you, just after you've all done said exam.

Hrrm. My law exam wasn't great. When we came out, we were all discussing how ambiguous the question was - 50% of us decided to try and prove constructive manslaughter..The other 50% (which I was a part of) tried to prove voluntary manslaughter instead..

Ugh..There was material available for both arguments which led to the split between us. For murder, there was an unlawful killing as someone died in the case we were given, plus there was intention to the death, but there was no actual stabbing (man fell off cliff after another man 'struck out at him with a knife') which is why there was a split..There was a clear hint at provocation (which brings murder down to voluntary manslaughter in the UK)..So I thought I'd go for that and have more to talk about etc. and I had wasted a lot of time trying to bloody figure out what the question was asking (the case involved 4-6 people, it was bloody confusing to try and figure it out and plan an answer in the recommended 5 minute time span).

There was enough there to argue the other way as well..Argh.

It's driving me nuts. All of us came out feeling okay, until we had talked to each other and discovered that we'd all gone for the same question and all answered differently..I hate how I always accidentally end up in these after-exam talks! The first thing everyone says when they get out is how they felt about it - *and then* comes the question: Which question did you do and what answer did you put?

:S
Last edit: 13 years 3 months ago by Envy.

More
13 years 3 months ago #30181 by black_magnolia
Envy wrote:

It's driving me nuts. All of us came out feeling okay, until we had talked to each other and discovered that we'd all gone for the same question and all answered differently..I hate how I always accidentally end up in these after-exam talks! The first thing everyone says when they get out is how they felt about it - *and then* comes the question: Which question did you do and what answer did you put?

:S

That annoys me too! The worst part is when you can look up the answers in a book and someone has the book with them and they look it up right away.
After an exam I want to enjoy at least the rest of that day in the blissful feeling that the exam is over and don't need someone to ruin it for me telling me where I was wrong... :(

And eternity in an hour.

More
13 years 3 months ago #30186 by Envy
Replied by Envy on topic Re: What REALLY annoys you?
black_magnolia wrote:

That annoys me too! The worst part is when you can look up the answers in a book and someone has the book with them and they look it up right away.
After an exam I want to enjoy at least the rest of that day in the blissful feeling that the exam is over and don't need someone to ruin it for me telling me where I was wrong... :(

Ah I would like that after-exam-bliss - As would most of the people I know, but I have a bad habit of worrying about every little detail..My law teacher tried to console us all after the exam and told us not to worry because what's done is done and the results aren't for a long time - But even though that's true, it really puts me on edge, especially because I need my results before I can make any university decisions. :huh:

None of us had books with us, but we were in a heated discussion over 'which answer was right' for most of break, before I'd had enough and gone home to rest. :S Argh..I need to just stop thinking about it. Stuff like that unnerves me for the next exam.

Time to create page: 0.297 seconds