Show Navigation Menu

Ancestry.

More
13 years 6 months ago #25780 by Envy
Ancestry. was created by Envy
:) I think we touched upon this subject on a different thread, but no thread was ever made in particular/one must've been deleted?

^.^ Last night, I had the pleasure of finding out I have a bit of Italian blood in me. It turns out either my great grandmother or great great grandmother was Italian. Can't quite remember how my mother explained it and the amount of 'great's confuses me. I just know that she married someone and then moved over to China..They had children, one of which set up a sewing shop and had my grandmother, who worked in the sewing shop as a child (repairing stockings etc.), grandmother had my mother and then my mother had me. :silly:

It was of quite some interest to me, as the history on my mother's side of the family was always quite blurred. I know that..It was either my grandmother or my grandmother's mother who had twin boys and abandoned them somewhere during a war because they couldn't afford to feed them..

History on my father's side has been kept much clearer..There's a written family tree which is added to regularly. He came from a very traditional family which owns a village that still follows the old rules (boys inherit _____ etc.)..The family tree is all written in Chinese though, so I can't read it. I have to get my family to read it out to me if I want to know. I just recall that it dates veeery far back.

So..What do you know about your ancestry?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 years 6 months ago - 13 years 6 months ago #25784 by gaelquereth
Replied by gaelquereth on topic Re:Ancestry.
Wow, that's pretty cool...

Well, I know that my great great great grandfather (from my mother's side) was an archibishop and a member of the court at the palace of the Romanovs. In case you don't know,the House of Romanov was the second and last imperial dynasty to rule over Russia. Nikolai Romanov was a Russian tsar and if you recall, there is a myth about him and Rasputin-the evil sorcerer. Lol.
Last edit: 13 years 6 months ago by gaelquereth.

More
13 years 6 months ago #25786 by Daruma
Replied by Daruma on topic Re:Ancestry.
I know nothing about my ancesters.

More
13 years 6 months ago #25789 by SkieShauphen
Replied by SkieShauphen on topic Re:Ancestry.
I'm actually highly interested in my Genealogy and I've discovered descendants from nearly every country in Europe. I'm a huge mix breed although my most predominant heritages include Germany and Ireland as well as Welsh and Scottish.

Meaning comes from within.

More
13 years 6 months ago #25800 by millkins
Replied by millkins on topic Re:Ancestry.
I know nothing about my ancestry, and my folks are not even interested to tell me...wich does make me frustrated a bit, what is there to hide? Or they don't know either so they wanna hide... :S

I can't swim. I can't drive, either. I was going to learn to drive but then I thought, well, what if I crash into a lake?

More
13 years 6 months ago #25801 by ondespumeggianti
Replied by ondespumeggianti on topic Re:Ancestry.
XD
aaaaaaaaaaaaah,Envy!!!!!
we have little part of the same blood!xD
you know that i'm italian, right?!;)
don't know, nothing special about my anchestry!just normal people i think!;D
but i suppose that my anchestry were Germans..i think because of surname..xD
well through years and years my surname changes..I think that originally was a German word!xD

Time to create page: 0.271 seconds