Show Navigation Menu

Insomnia

More
13 years 7 months ago - 13 years 7 months ago #25738 by Zenith
Replied by Zenith on topic Re:Insomnia
Envy wrote:

Classical doesn't have that effect on me. If I was listening to Carmina, I'd just stay awake and try to pick out separate voices, notes, chords, words.. If it was an instrumental, I'd try and separate the instruments and listen to each one individually.. I like to pick apart music.

I'm not really sure how I got over my patch of insomnia..For a couple of years, my bodyclock was a mess..I think a *more* regular sleep pattern started to appear once I got into a regular eating pattern. I don't know if that's linked though.

I do the same when listening to classical music and that makes me fall asleep. I also love to listen to Luigi Rubino but it knocks me out after only too songs.. I find it more demanding to concentrate on the notes of a piano...
Damn, my eating habits are screwed up. Damn my gastritis to hell! It makes me feel hungry almost all the time.

the thread of life lies severed on the brink of paradise.. .
Last edit: 13 years 7 months ago by Zenith.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 years 7 months ago #25761 by black_magnolia
Replied by black_magnolia on topic Re:Insomnia
I also have a hard time falling asleep at night. I can sleep through the whole day but can't go to sleep at night. Messed-up my whole biorhythm. :( I have to fix this fast because I don't know how I'll manage to get up before 8 a.m. for lectures. :S
Well, I think my problems aren't that bad like Zeniths...
Zenith, have you tried drinking Valerian (Valeriana officinalis) root tea an hour before going to bed? You can get it at any herbalist store, and there may be even some tea blends that have some Valerian root in them, but tea from only the root is good medicine for insomnia, so maybe it will work with you.
Take a teaspoon of the root and add 3dcl of boiling water, leave it covered for half an hour, and then remove the root and drink.

To see a world in a Grain of Sand,
And a Heaven in a Wild Flower,
Hold Infinity in the palm of your hand,
And eternity in an hour.

More
13 years 6 months ago #25792 by SkieShauphen
Replied by SkieShauphen on topic Re:Insomnia
I has it. Haven't slept in two days...and once I finally did get a chance to sleep earlier today...my asshole friends came in and woke me up after about an hour of slumber.

Meaning comes from within.

More
13 years 6 months ago #25798 by Zenith
Replied by Zenith on topic Re:Insomnia
SkieShauphen wrote:

...my asshole friends came in and woke me up after about an hour of slumber.

When I have insomnia many nights in a row and then manage to fall asleep in the end and somebody wakes me I go nuts!
Thank you Black_magnolia, your advice is really useful, I never drank Valerian tea and I will buy some today, as I am going shopping :)

the thread of life lies severed on the brink of paradise.. .

More
13 years 6 months ago #25799 by millkins
Replied by millkins on topic Re:Insomnia
@Zenith For a year only music I could sleep tp was Cradle of filth, I dunno why...I ene had trouble understanding it and ultimately tried sleeping to silence, it worked after a while.

I didn't know you can get addicted to sleeping pills, I took em while needed and stopped but, I gues we don't have the same meds, Valeriana is very effective, all my friends say so, allthough it had not much of an efect on me :( but that doesn't mean it wont help dearie. Goodluck :D

I can't swim. I can't drive, either. I was going to learn to drive but then I thought, well, what if I crash into a lake?

More
13 years 6 months ago - 13 years 6 months ago #25809 by black_magnolia
Replied by black_magnolia on topic Re:Insomnia
I went to sleep at 3 a.m. and woke up at 7 a.m. because I had to go swimming with my friend. I just hope now that I'll manage to stay awake till night so that I get back to normal sleeping hours. Wish me luck! :silly:

Zenith, report back how much it costs in Romania! :) I don't even know how much is the pure root here, but the blend is like $4. I hope this will help you. I read in one of my magic books that just sniffing the root is good for driving away inner demons. I love the smell of it, really calming. Btw. cats are known to be drawn to it like to catnip. Don't know how much that is true, my cat doesn't react to it, well she isn't really fond of catnip either. lol

To see a world in a Grain of Sand,
And a Heaven in a Wild Flower,
Hold Infinity in the palm of your hand,
And eternity in an hour.
Last edit: 13 years 6 months ago by black_magnolia.

Time to create page: 0.269 seconds