Show Navigation Menu

Insomnia

More
13 years 7 months ago #25725 by Zenith
Insomnia was created by Zenith
I suffer from chronic insomnia and sometimes I'm too tired to mind my own business instead of sleeping if I can't... do any of you have a similar problem? Can you share any tricks on how to fall asleep in such cases ?

the thread of life lies severed on the brink of paradise.. .

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 years 7 months ago #25729 by ondespumeggianti
Replied by ondespumeggianti on topic Re: Insomnia
mmm..i don't suffer from insomnia..
but as the other days i'm still at pc!XD
usually in chat with a friend still 3 o'clock..
mmmmmmmm..but i sleep!x)

More
13 years 7 months ago #25731 by millkins
Replied by millkins on topic Re:Insomnia
I have had a lot of trouble with insomnia a few years back but it was just a result of bad things that happened to me or strained me....there was always something that made me stress out and then I couldnt sleep. Meds helped but not nearly enough. I started running...not fast not really for a long time...just no obligational running and while I did I thought about the problems and how to resolve them...I must admit I felt better in a few days...and then the doc said NO MORE RUNNING your knees are bad I could still sleep tight. :)

I can't swim. I can't drive, either. I was going to learn to drive but then I thought, well, what if I crash into a lake?

More
13 years 7 months ago #25732 by Envy
Replied by Envy on topic Re:Insomnia
:P I used to have pretty bad insomnia. I don't suffer so badly anymore.

Generally, I'd switch off all screened things an hour before going to bed..No laptops, mobiles, TV..Anything..

I used to read in bed until I got so tired that I'd just collapse and sleep..That was it really. Sometimes I'd end up sleeping at 4am, but other times it was better. It depended on how much energy I'd used in the day really.

These days I fall asleep pretty easily, but that's only because I lack sleep throughout the week, so I completely collapse and hibernate during the weekend to get my energy back up. :unsure:

More
13 years 7 months ago - 13 years 7 months ago #25734 by Zenith
Replied by Zenith on topic Re:Insomnia
I am aware that insomnia is associated with a stressful/bad period in life but for me it's not the case...
I have been having sleeping problems since I was 7... I tried physical exercise, warm milk, counting sheep and so on. Doesn't work. If I grab a book I will probably end up reading it until dawn. I can't fall asleep watching movies/tv. The only thing that sometimes works for me is listening to classical music. Yesterday I finally fell asleep at 6 in the morning listening to Carmina Burana and I think the last song I heard was Omnia Sol Temperat and it does the trick pretty fast.
Oh, and I won't take sleeping pills. I was addicted to them and took more then necessary at a certain point in life and artificial sleep is not what I want :(

the thread of life lies severed on the brink of paradise.. .
Last edit: 13 years 7 months ago by Zenith.

More
13 years 7 months ago #25736 by Envy
Replied by Envy on topic Re:Insomnia
Oh that's interesting.

I recall I used to get so absorbed in books that I would sometimes end up staying up instead. But I felt it was time well invested. :woohoo:

Classical doesn't have that effect on me. If I was listening to Carmina, I'd just stay awake and try to pick out separate voices, notes, chords, words.. If it was an instrumental, I'd try and separate the instruments and listen to each one individually.. I like to pick apart music.

Hmm..

I'm not really sure how I got over my patch of insomnia..For a couple of years, my bodyclock was a mess..I think a *more* regular sleep pattern started to appear once I got into a regular eating pattern. I don't know if that's linked though.

Time to create page: 0.263 seconds