Show Navigation Menu

It's Halloween soon!!!

More
12 years 7 months ago #35076 by DarkFlights
You know, I have no idea what pumpkin tastes like because I've never eaten one, so I will definitely be giving that recipe a try! US measurements aren't hard to follow, here in the UK most recipe books and sites still put everything in both imperial and metric measurements as people can use either. It's the cups thing we can't always wrap our heads around! :laugh:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 years 7 months ago #35082 by janelle hell
DarkFlights wrote:

You know, I have no idea what pumpkin tastes like because I've never eaten one, so I will definitely be giving that recipe a try! US measurements aren't hard to follow, here in the UK most recipe books and sites still put everything in both imperial and metric measurements as people can use either. It's the cups thing we can't always wrap our heads around! :laugh:

If you've ever had winter squash, that's what pumpkin tastes like...it's so yummy! The spices in the recipe really compliment the flavor of the pumpkin. I'm sure you'll like it!

More
12 years 7 months ago #35088 by iHauntTheSepulchre
black_magnolia wrote:

iHauntTheSepulchre wrote:

black_magnolia wrote:

Pumpkins here also aren't really commonly eaten by people - most who grow them usually grow them for feeding animals.

I find that a little odd. But then again, it's the comlete opposite over here - we love our pumpkins! The only thing we don't do is make them into Jack o' lanterns becasue we don't celebrate Halloween.

Well, that's at least the case here for my region. In the continental area they are more popular. I assume it's just a cultural thing as people generally stick to food which is common for their region.

Yes I can understand that. I guess it's stuctured differently in European countries - they eat what they have locally - but over here we have everything trucked around because not all areas are able to grow food. Ever tried to grow tomatoes in the desert when you're on water restrictions? Not easy. :silly:

Death's kiss was soft as rose petals...

More
12 years 7 months ago #35096 by firensia
Replied by firensia on topic Re: It's Halloween soon!!!
I've never had pumpkin either. It doesn't really look like something that I would like to eat. Never was much of vegetable lover as a kid and I'm still not.

On another note, I will be attempting to make these:

I think they look really cool. Not sure how mine will turn out but I'll give it a go.

Amor vincit omnia et nos cedamus amori

More
12 years 7 months ago #35100 by janelle hell
firensia wrote:

I've never had pumpkin either. It doesn't really look like something that I would like to eat. Never was much of vegetable lover as a kid and I'm still not.

On another note, I will be attempting to make these:

I think they look really cool. Not sure how mine will turn out but I'll give it a go.

It's really easy to make the \"spiderwebs\"...just put the icing in a pastry tube or even a squeeze bottle (like for ketchup/mustard) & make a spiral on top of icing of a contrasting color. Drag a knife or toothpick through it a few times & voila...spiderweb. :blush:

More
12 years 7 months ago #35101 by firensia
Replied by firensia on topic Re: It's Halloween soon!!!
Excellent! Will do. :) Thanks.

Amor vincit omnia et nos cedamus amori

Time to create page: 0.285 seconds